Front Right Brake Line Length? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Right Brake Line Length?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-20-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Agent 000
Secret Agent Man

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Front Right Brake Line Length?

My '94 YJ needs new hard lines in the front, due to a leak on the right hard line. My local dealership got me a left side hard line, but seems to be having difficulty locating a right side hard line. I'll give them another day to come up with the correct brake line. Short of that, what length of brake tube do I need to purchase to bend my own hard line on this? I picked up new hoses for both sides, as I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace the 16 year old hoses.

Chili Pepper Red 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Agent 000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Agent 000
Secret Agent Man

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Wow, the fact that absolutely nobody viewed this post in 8 hours just completely underwhelms me.

Chili Pepper Red 1998 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Agent 000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 000 View Post
Wow, the fact that absolutely nobody viewed this post in 8 hours just completely underwhelms me.
I doubt me viewing it will get you overly excited either....I have no idea what length the hard lines are.

BUMP!

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
ritjobbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

At my local parts store you can only buy tube in 25' lengths (un-flared) which is probably about 16' more than what you need. That'll run you around $10, I think. Fittings are $0.29 each at my local Napa. The flaring tool is about $10 at Harbor Freight. Flaring brake lines isn't hard at all. Instructions come with the tool. Teach yourself a new trick.
Unread 05-21-2010, 04:57 AM   #5
kloppk
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritjobbie View Post
At my local parts store you can only buy tube in 25' lengths (un-flared) which is probably about 16' more than what you need. That'll run you around $10, I think. Fittings are $0.29 each at my local Napa. The flaring tool is about $10 at Harbor Freight. Flaring brake lines isn't hard at all. Instructions come with the tool. Teach yourself a new trick.
Ditto...

You can buy 25' coils of it at the parts store. I always buy the pre-painted coils of line. Should last longer under wheeling conditions.
Just yank the old line(s) out and use them as a templates for bending the new ones out of the new line.
Do yourself a favor and replace the rear brake lines too. They are old and rusty too. Much easier to do it all at once.
kloppk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 06:28 AM   #6
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

If I remember correctly, I used about 40" of line. I picked up some of the pre terminated with fittings at advanced auto at the time. I didn't have my flair tool with, just my bender.

FYI, Harbor Freight sells an ac service line bender, blue, for about $7. It works perfectly.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.