Front Lincoln Locker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front Lincoln Locker

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-02-2004, 07:42 PM   #1
beachjeep

Front Lincoln Locker

Hey Guys, Im shopping around to some other message boards and came across you guys.

Anyway, I have been toying with the idea of welding the spider gears on my front Dana 30 - I have a 95YJ 2.5.

I have already made a homemade front axle disconnect system so the pass side wheel and axle would differentiate even with the welded gears. I would like to get your opinions on this. I have a guy down the street all set to do it on monday.

Spoken to several other YJ owners who have done it with no problems, and highly recommend it - even on the street!

Thanks in advance.

beachjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2004, 08:12 PM   #2
sentinal02
H2 Recovery Team Member

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachjeep
Hey Guys, Im shopping around to some other message boards and came across you guys.

Anyway, I have been toying with the idea of welding the spider gears on my front Dana 30 - I have a 95YJ 2.5.

I have already made a homemade front axle disconnect system so the pass side wheel and axle would differentiate even with the welded gears. I would like to get your opinions on this. I have a guy down the street all set to do it on monday.

Spoken to several other YJ owners who have done it with no problems, and highly recommend it - even on the street!

Thanks in advance.
Nice big discussion on this topic just 4 days ago. The search is our friend! anyway, here's the link.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/lockers-difficult-install-74934/

I got it for you this time, but you'll have to get it yourself next time lol.

92 YJ 4.0L Ax-15 231
5" springs, 1" shackle 31's or 35's depending on my mood
sentinal02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2004, 05:20 AM   #3
beachjeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal02
Nice big discussion on this topic just 4 days ago. The search is our friend! anyway, here's the link.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74934

I got it for you this time, but you'll have to get it yourself next time lol.
THanks for that search...

When I posted the topic I wasnt fully registered so it wouldn't let me search. Thanks again, seems like you guys have a knowledgeable group of Jeepers here

Either way, I read through the discussion and decided that I will have those spiders welded up front. THis guy has been working on Jeeps for years and I trust his welds. If for some reason I dislike the road manners I can always buy new spiders and be done with it.
beachjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
94beachxj
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Been looking into the pro's and cons of locking up the front diff. I know my E-locker in the rear is a big help. But I want a "real" 4x4when needed!

A Aussie locker seems to have what I need to get that extra traction!
What do you guys think?
Front Dana30 in a1994 XJ
94beachxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Go with Aussie and stop digging up old threads.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.