Front driveshaft not spinning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front driveshaft not spinning

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
saler

Front driveshaft not spinning

I recently installed a 4x4 posi-lok in my yj, thinking it was the issue with my 4x4. Since installing it, I have yet to have my 4x4 working. I thought it may be the shift fork, but had a buddy look under, and saw that when the cable was engaged, the shaft spun. However, when only engaging the T-case, there was no movement.
The t-case still goes in low range and shifts through fine, but no power is going to the front driveshaft. Also, the t-case is fairly new (about a year and a half old) and I can't think of what issue may be. Any advice is appreciated!!

saler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
johnny27030
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Something is wrong with the transfer case. Broke chain maybe?
johnny27030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
915kingwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-tr...-231-parts.htm

Check this link out it will let you know more about your t case. Now the chain is hard to snap, along the years it will get some slack which in turn will cause it to pop horribly everytime you engage the t case, but thats not the case here. This problem with the t case not engaging is most likely due to the fact that the range fork is worn out and might not make it engage, you will have to open the t case in order to fix this, its not that hard to fix, I consider prying open the case the hardest thing, but other than that its pretty simple, search around here to see if theres a writeup on t case rebuild.

Tags
front driveshaft , transfer case

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.