Front driveshaft not spinning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front driveshaft not spinning

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #1
saler

Front driveshaft not spinning

I recently installed a 4x4 posi-lok in my yj, thinking it was the issue with my 4x4. Since installing it, I have yet to have my 4x4 working. I thought it may be the shift fork, but had a buddy look under, and saw that when the cable was engaged, the shaft spun. However, when only engaging the T-case, there was no movement.
The t-case still goes in low range and shifts through fine, but no power is going to the front driveshaft. Also, the t-case is fairly new (about a year and a half old) and I can't think of what issue may be. Any advice is appreciated!!

saler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
johnny27030
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Something is wrong with the transfer case. Broke chain maybe?
johnny27030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
915kingwrangler
1991 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-tr...-231-parts.htm

Check this link out it will let you know more about your t case. Now the chain is hard to snap, along the years it will get some slack which in turn will cause it to pop horribly everytime you engage the t case, but thats not the case here. This problem with the t case not engaging is most likely due to the fact that the range fork is worn out and might not make it engage, you will have to open the t case in order to fix this, its not that hard to fix, I consider prying open the case the hardest thing, but other than that its pretty simple, search around here to see if theres a writeup on t case rebuild.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.