Front differential vent - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Front differential vent

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 10-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #1
wafarmtrk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Front differential vent

Hey guys, I have a 93 yj when looking under the front end I found a rubber hose dangling down. When I found the top end its looks like is a vent hose of some king and has a plastic vented cap on it. The bottom end has a plastic fitting that looks like it should plug into something. The only thing I can think of is the vent for the front Dana 30 differential. However, I cannot find a hole in the differential for it to plug into. Any suggestions???

wafarmtrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #2
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

d30-copy.jpg

Should be on the back side of the diff, near the top, passenger side. At least that's where mine is on my 95.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 05:47 AM   #3
VooDuuChild
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Do yourself a favor and run all vent lines up high into the hood area so you don't suck crap into them.
VooDuuChild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #4
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Keep looking, it's on the back of the pumpkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #5
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #6
UltimatE
Resident Audio Guru

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Max to the rescue!

White '94 YJ Sport
Black '98 ZJ Laredo - 45x60 Surco Rack - 2" Budget Boost, Addco Front Swaybar

Project (s)Low - A build log.
UltimatE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

He really does have a picture of every jeep part ever made lol. U da man max!
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
Jeffro06
October 2012 TJOTM

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max to the rescue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo12227 View Post
He really does have a picture of every jeep part ever made lol. U da man max!
My picture was just as good, and took more effort....

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build: MTRk's OME 2" HD Lift Antirock Skidrow steering box & radiator skids LoD rear bumper
Rokmen Mercenary bumper w/Superwinch Rokmen sliders Skidrow engine skid Rampage Top CB set up
Custom trunk Rokmen 1" Billet spacers JJ track bar Rokmen Adjustable Control Arms Currectlync Steering
Rokmen Trail Corners Metalcloak Overlines Kentrol Hood Latches JK Turn Signals Xenon 4" Flat Flares Hood Decal Duratracs
Derale Tranny Cooler DieHard Factor 55 Thimble Ten Factory Front Chromo Shafts

Get your build sheet here.
Jeffro06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2010, 07:33 PM   #9
wafarmtrk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thank for all the great information. Now all I have to do is brave the Seattle rain and crawl underneath and find the right spot. The pics and diagrams will help a lot. Thanks again guys.
wafarmtrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-01-2010, 09:43 PM   #10
kbonomo

Hi Guys,
I also just discovered the same thing on my 99 Grand Cherokee. I noticed some oil on my front differential. After investigating, I found a hose dangling there as well. How could it have popped loose? And is there something else I should be concerned with now.
Thanks a lot!
kbonomo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2012, 12:29 PM   #11
SilverTJ01
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Haha, I got a question related to this topic, I have a front diff. vent hose connected to the front-end pumpkin but when I backed into my driveway it was laying on the ground disconnected from the front upper location of it, I can't figure out where I connect the hose to?! I have a 2001 TJ lifted but I have the 60th anniversary & they put Dana 44's on the rear, but I dont know if they put a D35 or D44 on the front but could someone help me on where to mount it??
SilverTJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #12
shayden
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I am having the same issue. I know where it goes but I cannot get the darn thing to stay in there. Mine has the plastic piece attached to the hose. Do I need a new plastic piece, does it snap in? Can someone help? Would appreciate it!
shayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #13
cstone94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayden View Post
Hey guys, I am having the same issue. I know where it goes but IO cannot get the darn thing to stay in there. Mine has the plastic piece attached to the hose. Do I need a new plastic piece, does it snap in? Can someone help? Would appreciate it!
If you look at Mean Max's picture, he has a small hose clamp. Found in any parts store. Use that to hold it onto the differential vent.

http://www.toolking.com/pondmaster-1...Fcyf4AodfDoARw

11' F250 - DD

1982 Toyota Pick-Up - Spray-On Yellow Rhino Lined - Chevrolet 305 H.O. - SM465 - NP208C - All-Pro Off Road 5" Springs - 35x15.50x15 Super Swampers
cstone94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
shayden
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yes a hose clamp would work if I could get the little plastic piece attached to the hose to stay in the hole on the differential. Putting a hose clamp on the hose would just keep the little plastic piece in the hose, it would not keep in thing in the hole on the diff. Sounds a little complicated of what I am saying, maybe I could attach a pic. Would that help?
shayden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

When I had my axle in the shop for the locker installation I had the guy tap the vent hole and screwed in a barb fitting; no more loose hoses.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.