front diff rock slider - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > front diff rock slider

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 05-24-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
godzirra
1992 YJ Wrangler 

front diff rock slider

starting out with some 1'' square tube (2 6ft pieces)

got tired of working in my cramped little space so i moved everything outside

turns out my dog is the only one that will stay up with me

ended up getting up early this and getting back into it

pretty much it for now still have to make 4 more support bars. i havent decided if im going to weld it directly to the axle or make some kind of bracket either way im going to make it so i can take it off whenever i want. heres where i am now

the side view where you can see the two post coming up those post are going to be centered on the axle im thinking i will put two more towards the front coming back and two in the back coming forward making the axle the connection for each (or a bracket whichever i decide on)
oh yeah my super sweet princess sticker on my helmet. my girlfriend got a real kick out of it so i guess its gonna stay

also i am going to put sheet metal on the bottom but im not sure what gauge to use i was thinking 18 gauge or maybe thicker does anyone have any input. thanks to anyone who helps

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.