Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Front brake line size-Hard line??

14K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Big-n-Broke-YJ 
#1 ·
I'm trying to finish up my D44 install and want to install new brake lines to the calipers, well the fitting from the rubber line to the hard line is jacked. I tried to use a line wrench to work it loose and it still rounded off. I had to pull the whole hard line out. What size tubing do I need to replace this stuff? I'm wanting to order some tube and make my own new lines, but don't know what size. Anyone know??? This happened on both sides. I'm hoping I can cut off the RH side fitting and install a new fitting without running a whole new line. Now I have to buy all the tools. Just what I wanted to do. :brickwall I could probably salvage the LH side hard line, but I may have bent it up removing it. The lines at the valve were easy to remove. Whoever installed the BDS lift must have never wanted a brake line leak. They sure went crazy on the fittings.

#2 ·
most every regular vehicle uses 3/16" hardline... as does your jeep... and did the vehicle your axles came out from under.

autozone and advance.. and most every parts store will have plenty of it in stock.

-Erik

#4 ·
Thanks Erik. Saw your rig in the Mag this week. Bought it at the airport in Oregon.

I bought a cutter, bender and flaring tool at O'Reilly but they couldn't find any fittings to replace mine. I'll have to wait til monday to get them at Napa. I ordered new rubber lines from Napa this morning to bolt up to the D44 calipers and they should be in Monday too. I cut the RH side off just behind the fitting so I can take it to Napa with me and maybe I'll get the right part the first time, well that never happens.

#5 ·
thanks man!

hopefully you'll be set to get brakes on it monday without too many issues....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.