Freshening Up A 4.0 Before Swap - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Freshening Up A 4.0 Before Swap

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #46
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just picked up a brake line kit for my YJ, and from I now understand, they bend one line so It can be shipped easier.

How do I bend it back without putting a kink in it..

Unread 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #47
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

A block of wood a rubber mallet and lots of patience.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #48
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

No Patience!!!

Damn... I guess I will give it a go and see what happens...
Unread 07-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #49
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Can't seem to find the part number for a Lokar Floor shifter, which I want to mate to my TF999..

Anyone have it?

Thanks!
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #50
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I have searched the "interweb" w/o any luck, looking for NEW transmission cooling lines for my TF999...
Unread 07-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #51
voz
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
A block of wood a rubber mallet and lots of patience.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

Went much better than expected!!
Unread 08-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #52
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voz
Went much better than expected!!
How's this swap going I'm in the exact same process. I got my new 4.0 in yesterday and doing some tranny seals and hoping to have the trans in on Wednesday.
I'm sticking with the column shifter though

4.2 w/carb to 4.0 MPI with tf999
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #53
warthog312
The Craigslist Crawler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here's my train of thought on what you're doing: You have the head off and are sending it out to be cleaned and inspected, may as well get some new lifters in there and why not some healthy new valve seals and valve springs? If you're getting new seals and springs - and since you'll have the front cover off to do the timing set - you may as well just toss a cam in there. A nice mild torque pig cam, nothing crazy. If you're doing a cam you should probably do injectors, and if your injectors are upgraded there's no point to keeping a lame factory fuel pump....
This all coming from a man who set out to do a simple engine swap and landed up with a race motor and a full frame off restoration haha

EDIT: I just realized that OP's post was from like a year and a half ago, please disregard my (less than) temporary insanity.
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:36 AM   #54
cgcarpenter
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog312
Here's my train of thought on what you're doing: You have the head off and are sending it out to be cleaned and inspected, may as well get some new lifters in there and why not some healthy new valve seals and valve springs? If you're getting new seals and springs - and since you'll have the front cover off to do the timing set - you may as well just toss a cam in there. A nice mild torque pig cam, nothing crazy. If you're doing a cam you should probably do injectors, and if your injectors are upgraded there's no point to keeping a lame factory fuel pump.... This all coming from a man who set out to do a simple engine swap and landed up with a race motor and a full frame off restoration haha EDIT: I just realized that OP's post was from like a year and a half ago, please disregard my (less than) temporary insanity.
Oh **** I didn't realize it said 2013 I thought it was only a week or two old
cgcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.