Freezing my arse off... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Freezing my arse off...

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15ö/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-14-2002, 07:02 PM   #1
mikeyjph

Freezing my arse off...

My Wrangler's air vents are stuck open, the lever on the dash will go to off or defrost, but in the heat position it just snaps back to the vent position, which is always on. Anybody had this happen before? I have an 89 with no ac. Thanks for your help

mikeyjph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
Big92Jeep
2008 JK Wrangler 

Look under the dash on the passenger side. You can see the simple lever that controls heat/air control. If your cable is binded up between your dash controls and this lever you can do it manually until you get the cable fixed.

~RýCK
Unread 02-16-2002, 07:32 PM   #3
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

I've got the same problem in my 89' YJ. A roll of silver duct tape solved the problem.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.