JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Frameless soft top? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/frameless-soft-top-1547267/)

SurferJ 07-10-2013 09:13 AM

Frameless soft top?

Is there any company out there that makes a frameless soft top for the YJ *** WITH FULL STEEL DOORS *** besides Softopper? Rampage only makes it for the YJ with Half Doors

I want a soft top that's black with tinted windows like the one I just bought but I hate dealing with the frame

zte87 07-10-2013 10:34 AM

What's wrong with soft topper?

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum

superj 07-10-2013 11:25 AM

my softopper is great

metalhead 07-10-2013 11:44 AM

I'm in the same boat. I think I am going to buy a softtopper as soon as I sell my hard top. Looks like a good top and it comes with everything you need to put it on.

SurferJ 07-10-2013 11:49 PM

Nothing against Softopper. I'm just not a fan of over $600 for the top. Can't find it used anywhere Just looking for other options

superj 07-11-2013 05:52 AM

they aren't used because everyone loves them.

i am not sure of anyone else who makes that style

SurferJ 07-11-2013 07:36 AM

idk, i just cant bring myself to spend that kind of money on a brand new top for a 21yr old jeep. maybe one day i'll be pissed off at the frame enough to shell out $650 but for now i'll deal. thanks guys

superj 07-11-2013 08:06 AM

i felt the same way. it took me a long time to be able to buy a softopper because i have a perfectly good hard top and a perfectly good bikini top but after having to take the hard top on and off by myself a few times and getting caught in the rain on the highway a couple hours from home in chilly weather, i decided i could spend hte money

89WhyJ 07-11-2013 08:07 AM

Pavement Ends makes one for YJ's with full steel doors (Pavement Ends Flip Top). I don't make any recommendations, I'm just saying that it exists.

WidowYj91 07-11-2013 08:24 AM

I'm also lookin for a frameless top for full doors, the softopper is hideous and expensive. I wish rampage would make one for full doors.

SurferJ 07-11-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superj (Post 15665116)
i felt the same way. it took me a long time to be able to buy a softopper because i have a perfectly good hard top and a perfectly good bikini top but after having to take the hard top on and off by myself a few times and getting caught in the rain on the highway a couple hours from home in chilly weather, i decided i could spend hte money

yeah i have a soft top and a hard top already... the bows on the soft top are messed up and i bought the top used. i dont want to waste money on new bows for a top im not crazy about (its a best top). maybe one day when i get a whole in it or something and i have money that i dont want to spend on other mods

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89WhyJ (Post 15665120)
Pavement Ends makes one for YJ's with full steel doors (Pavement Ends Flip Top). I don't make any recommendations, I'm just saying that it exists.

yeah just looked at it. its $650 and it has frame. i really want frameless

JeeperDon 07-11-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurferJ (Post 15661492)
Is there any company out there that makes a frameless soft top for the YJ *** WITH FULL STEEL DOORS ***

I'm not sure what you mean by 'frameless', do you only mean 'hoopless' or 'steelless'. You have to have a thin frame (1/2" tube) for around the door tops, a three point one that 1) plugs into the tub near the door latch, 2) attaches to the top of the windshield, and 3) is spaced away from the cage front strut at the top rear of the door.

You could always make one, which is what I did, a half cab to work with my ever present tonneau. I made one because I too couldn't find one. :cheers2:

SurferJ 07-11-2013 10:10 AM

frameless as in Bowless such as the Rampage and softopper

Rampage on a TJ
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/x...greendoors.jpg

softopper

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/photo-65.jpg

the top sits on the roll bar and give a fastback look. i understand the need for a frame around the top of the doors. i know the soft topper has a bar that goes across the back of the top to keep its squared but thats build in to the top theres no bows to mess with and i think it looks better imo

metalhead 07-11-2013 11:41 AM

The softtopper I looked at was $489 plus 35.95 for shipping. I want the tinted windows so the total would be like $560 which compaired to a good framed top its not to bad.

WidowYj91 07-11-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurferJ (Post 15665495)
frameless as in Bowless such as the Rampage and softopper

Rampage on a TJ

softopper

the top sits on the roll bar and give a fastback look. i understand the need for a frame around the top of the doors. i know the soft topper has a bar that goes across the back of the top to keep its squared but thats build in to the top theres no bows to mess with and i think it looks better imo

The rampage looks so much better, I hate how the softopper looks loose.

The time now is 02:53 PM.