Frame thickness for shackle mount when repairing frame rot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Frame thickness for shackle mount when repairing frame rot

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
joey48442
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Frame thickness for shackle mount when repairing frame rot

If we end up wrapping the rear frame on my brothers jeep, the frame will end up somewhat thicker than stock, how do you deal with the added thickness regarding the shackle? Also, the bushing will need to be longer I imagine as well...? Is it alright for the shackle width to narrow drone the frame to the leaf? But I imagine it would pinch the frame then...

Thanks again for all your help guys.

Joey

joey48442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
fratis

1991 YJ Wrangler 

use a two piece shackle with longer bolts and a spacer on the spring end. you will need a slightly longer shackle sleeve on the frame end as well.
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
joey48442
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fratis View Post
use a two piece shackle with longer bolts and a spacer on the spring end. you will need a slightly longer shackle sleeve on the frame end as well.
Cool thanks! Any idea where to source a longer shackle sleeve?

Joey
joey48442 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.