Frame replacement parts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Frame replacement parts

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Frame replacement parts

Where would be the best place to buy some frame replacement parts? In particular the middle sections where the skid plates bolt on and the rear sections where the shackles connect. I have a yj and I know quadratec has them but I'm hoping there is another place to get them that are still good quality and won't break the bank.

WranglerBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
sprngrider
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Your local metal supplier, or at the jeep graveyard with a sawsall.
Unread 06-26-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
devoX13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Google autorust
devoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 06:15 AM   #4
CJ51973
1988 YJ Wrangler 

That's where I got my rear sections and crossmember. Kind of high but if you don't own your own fab shop then it works out well.
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #5
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

*Update*

So instead of buying replacement pieces to weld onto the frame I found a deal on craigslist that was to good to pass. I bought a YJ frame RUST FREE, with brake likes and fuel filter still on it, for only 100. My friend and I have decided to tackle a frame swap. So if anyone knows of a good write up and has the link that would really help. Or if anyone in Georgia has experience with jeeps and wants to help that would also be great. Any and all advise for a frame swap would be appreciated.
Unread 06-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #6
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

*Update*

So instead of buying replacement pieces to weld onto the frame I found a deal on craigslist that was to good to pass. I bought a YJ frame RUST FREE, with brake likes and fuel filter still on it, for only 100. My friend and I have decided to tackle a frame swap. So if anyone knows of a good write up and has the link that would really help. Or if anyone in Georgia has experience with jeeps and wants to help that would also be great. Any and all advise for a frame swap would be appreciated.
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
devoX13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Take TONS of pictures. It helps. Also use ziplock baggies to keep all of your hardware labeled and organized. Keeping a list of hsrdware that needs wouldn't hurt a thing either. Goodluck!
Unread 06-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok. Would you happen to know what parts I am going to have to replace that will not be able to be reused? Brake lines, and wiring?
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #9
devoX13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Wiring should be all there. You won't really know until you tear into it. You'll probably need new bolts for the body mounts and maybe evejln new body mounts. The brake and fuel lines might be bad, but you also won't know that until you tear into. By "tear into it," I mean take things slow, be patient, and do things right the first time.
Unread 06-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #10
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

I had to do the same thing with the frame swap on my yj , I took pics and labeled everything put it in bags , I will say its a big undertaken because you just don't realize some of the parts that are bad until you take it apart of course after I took mine apart it led to well if I do this now its easier so it turned into a frame off restore and 21/2 years later its still doesnt have the body on .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #11
devoX13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinline View Post
I had to do the same thing with the frame swap on my yj , I took pics and labeled everything put it in bags , I will say its a big undertaken because you just don't realize some of the parts that are bad until you take it apart of course after I took mine apart it led to well if I do this now its easier so it turned into a frame off restore and 21/2 years later its still doesnt have the body on .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
This. Right here. Same thing. It sucks... hopefully painting the frame this week though
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #12
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yea. I've just been doing research on prices for new brake lines, body mounts, Por15, eastwood internal paint, new bump stops, and bolts. Would Yall know where to find new bolts like a kit or something?
Unread 06-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
devoX13
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Look into chassis saver too. That's what I'm going with.
Unread 06-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #14
WranglerBuddy
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yea I've heard about that too. I should get in touch with the monstaliner vendor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.