JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Frame replacement parts (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/frame-replacement-parts-1541747/)

WranglerBuddy 06-26-2013 05:07 PM

Frame replacement parts

Where would be the best place to buy some frame replacement parts? In particular the middle sections where the skid plates bolt on and the rear sections where the shackles connect. I have a yj and I know quadratec has them but I'm hoping there is another place to get them that are still good quality and won't break the bank.

sprngrider 06-26-2013 06:00 PM

Your local metal supplier, or at the jeep graveyard with a sawsall.

devoX13 06-26-2013 09:28 PM

Google autorust

CJ51973 06-27-2013 05:15 AM

That's where I got my rear sections and crossmember. Kind of high but if you don't own your own fab shop then it works out well.

WranglerBuddy 06-29-2013 02:56 PM

*Update*

So instead of buying replacement pieces to weld onto the frame I found a deal on craigslist that was to good to pass. I bought a YJ frame RUST FREE, with brake likes and fuel filter still on it, for only 100. My friend and I have decided to tackle a frame swap. So if anyone knows of a good write up and has the link that would really help. Or if anyone in Georgia has experience with jeeps and wants to help that would also be great. Any and all advise for a frame swap would be appreciated.

WranglerBuddy 06-29-2013 02:56 PM

*Update*

So instead of buying replacement pieces to weld onto the frame I found a deal on craigslist that was to good to pass. I bought a YJ frame RUST FREE, with brake likes and fuel filter still on it, for only 100. My friend and I have decided to tackle a frame swap. So if anyone knows of a good write up and has the link that would really help. Or if anyone in Georgia has experience with jeeps and wants to help that would also be great. Any and all advise for a frame swap would be appreciated.

devoX13 06-29-2013 04:06 PM

Take TONS of pictures. It helps. Also use ziplock baggies to keep all of your hardware labeled and organized. Keeping a list of hsrdware that needs wouldn't hurt a thing either. Goodluck!

WranglerBuddy 06-29-2013 04:46 PM

Ok. Would you happen to know what parts I am going to have to replace that will not be able to be reused? Brake lines, and wiring?

devoX13 06-30-2013 01:38 AM

Wiring should be all there. You won't really know until you tear into it. You'll probably need new bolts for the body mounts and maybe evejln new body mounts. The brake and fuel lines might be bad, but you also won't know that until you tear into. By "tear into it," I mean take things slow, be patient, and do things right the first time.

insaneinline 06-30-2013 07:38 AM

I had to do the same thing with the frame swap on my yj , I took pics and labeled everything put it in bags , I will say its a big undertaken because you just don't realize some of the parts that are bad until you take it apart of course after I took mine apart it led to well if I do this now its easier so it turned into a frame off restore and 21/2 years later its still doesnt have the body on .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

devoX13 06-30-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insaneinline (Post 15623943)
I had to do the same thing with the frame swap on my yj , I took pics and labeled everything put it in bags , I will say its a big undertaken because you just don't realize some of the parts that are bad until you take it apart of course after I took mine apart it led to well if I do this now its easier so it turned into a frame off restore and 21/2 years later its still doesnt have the body on .

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

This. Right here. Same thing. It sucks... hopefully painting the frame this week though:D

WranglerBuddy 06-30-2013 01:31 PM

Yea. I've just been doing research on prices for new brake lines, body mounts, Por15, eastwood internal paint, new bump stops, and bolts. Would Yall know where to find new bolts like a kit or something?

devoX13 06-30-2013 01:44 PM

Look into chassis saver too. That's what I'm going with.

WranglerBuddy 06-30-2013 02:22 PM

Yea I've heard about that too. I should get in touch with the monstaliner vendor.

The time now is 07:42 PM.