frame info - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > frame info

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #1
Hillbilly Jeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

frame info

hello all... i have a 90 with a 4.2....been lookin for frames and i think i found a good one.. one thing is thats its a 4cylinder. how much will have to do to get it to fit my 6cylinder? the frame is off a 94... gonna go look at it in a few days so just seein what i would have to do to get it to work
thanks Jeremy
ps its 500$?
and how can i check to see if its a bent frame?

Hillbilly Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #2
Alfons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You should only need to reposition the motor mount posts - measure where they are on yours and put them in the same place.

Normally a bent frame is fairly easy to spot when there's nothing on the frame to hide it. A quick check is to look for cross members being square and then look back to front for any sign of twist. Finally, do a diagonal measurement - from the left rear corner to the front right corner & then this measurement should be the same as a measurement on the other diagonal - right rear to left front. For precise measurements on everything except the motor mount posts, do a search on this site or even on the internet for a YJ frame diagram, there are lots of them out there (many of them show the measurements in millimeters).

$500 is good for a solid frame that has never needed repair.
Alfons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #3
Hillbilly Jeep
1990 YJ Wrangler 

update... well i ended up buying it... it looks real good..but i havent payed for it yet due to the guys still has to take the motor and tube outta it since hes parting the rest..hopefully he calles me within the next week and says its ready for pick up... just one more ? how does one clean out and seal the inside of the frame? since this one is solid i dont want this happenin again
thanks
Jeremy
Hillbilly Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.