I'm sure this is buried someplace on the forum but after several searches I couldn't find what I'm looking for so I invoke the gurus once more....
I've got a 93 YJ. I want to do an 8.8. I know that the shock mounts have to be re-welded.. So.. I have a few questions...
1) Other then remounting the shock mounts, what else needs to be done? Can I re-use the old shock mounts or do they make after market?
2) Do I need to look for a certain 8.8 that the stock drive shaft will fit or is it the same spline?
3) Gears.. I cannot see a plate on my front or rear diff covers to tell me what I have.. I've read the faq, but I want to be certain.. Is there another way, counting the teeth perhaps?
4) Disk vs Drum.. I've heard of people not getting good stopping power with disk using the stock Jeep braking system.. Anyone have experience?
5) I'm guessing the wheel bolt pattern is the same as stock jeep?
6) Any other "Gotcha's" I should watch for?
Thanks guy, you are always a great help.. Without this forum I'd probably still be under my Jeep trying to figure out how to replace a clutch..