ford 4.0 in a yj - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > ford 4.0 in a yj

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-17-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
wescottm

ford 4.0 in a yj

i picked up a 2000 exploder for 200 bucks with a bad tranny for the 8.8 rear and was going to part out the rest to up the funds for my yj. Before i sold the good running motor i figured i would ask if there was a good cheap tranny and tcase option for this motor in my yj . im guessing not after 5 hours of forum searching .

wescottm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:10 AM   #2
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

I am no expert but the engine swap might be a tough one.

You gonna run the disc brakes from the 8.8 on the YJ?
sloan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
wescottm

i figured it might be but i have it so before i part out the motor wanted to look in to it.
my 2.5 is getting tired

the 8.8 has new rotors calipers and pads on it with the limited slip im tired of babying my 35
wescottm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.