Fogged Windows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fogged Windows

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 02-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #1
ShellyMoe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Fogged Windows

I have a 95 Wrangler soft top with no rear defrosters. Any suggestions on how to prevent fogging? Thanks!

Unread 02-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The first step is to eliminate moisture on the inside of the jeep. Where's the leak? I think bestop has a spray for the vinyl windows to eliminate fogging. I know I use fog-x on my glass.
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
ShellyMoe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Leak? Well, it's not sealed too tight. I'll try some anti fog stuff again. I did try the rain-x anti fog but that didnt work too well.
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:30 AM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Finding where the moisture is coming in is number one. Do you still have carpets? Are the drain plugs in? Have you considered slush mats? Is it more in the morning with condensation or in the afternoon when it heats up? Have you checked your vent hose on the firewall to see if its plugged?
Unread 02-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #5
nembudonna
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Don't breath. Sorry.
nembudonna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #6
EABiker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You could run a small 12V fan positioned to blow air across the rear window; even an old PC CPU cooler fan should do the trick.
EABiker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Typically when my windows are fogged up, it's a good thing.

Sorry - couldn't resist.

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #8
ShellyMoe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Lol Thanks! I'll try the fan, if that don't I'll try not to breath.its COLD here dangit!
Unread 02-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #9
ShellyMoe
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman
Finding where the moisture is coming in is number one. Do you still have carpets? Are the drain plugs in? Have you considered slush mats? Is it more in the morning with condensation or in the afternoon when it heats up? Have you checked your vent hose on the firewall to see if its plugged?
Drain holes are open 24/7 and I removed the carpet years ago. I get the fog mainly while its heating up and of course breathing doesn't help. I'll check the vent hose too.THANKS!!
Unread 02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #10
pete1991YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I just crank up the heater and let it warm up good and hot before I actually get in and go. OTOH my windows are so scratched up and milky that you can't hardly tell the difference anyhow - they're originals.
Unread 02-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #11
JohnOllen
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure your vacuum lines to the HVAC are connected properly and also check to see if the air intake flaps (in the air intake on the hood) are responding the way they should in response to our HVAC controls. I had a real problem with my 92 fogging up when I'd use the heater. As soon as I corrected the vac line to the HVAC controller the fogging stopped immediately and the heat is fantastic.
JohnOllen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #12
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

As far as clearing oxidized fog, you can use Lemon Pledge. It works amazingly well in removing most of the UV generated fogging and makes yer YJ smell good too, lol.
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.