Foamy Oil - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Foamy Oil

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #1
hir3dkill3r
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Foamy Oil

(4.2 YJ) So I just just recently did an oil change, changed the valve cover gasket (cleaned out all the burnt oil and gunk while there) and replaced my radiator and harmonic balancer. I noticed my radiator was loosing water but I figured I just hadn't added enough due to not running it after I swapped radiator, so I added more. My radiator was running really hot while my motor wasn't that bad. So I got a water pump that I was going to warranty out. But today I get home and noticed my oil was like a beige foam color. I know that water contamination in the oil does that, and it's possible of a blown head gasket. But, if anyone has any idea of anything else it could be, would appreciate it.

hir3dkill3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 04:43 AM   #2
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i would keep an eye on the engine. make sure the water isn't going into the oil by checking it regularly.

"Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction". --I am not sure who said this but it properly describes our president.
superj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 09:37 AM   #3
BHawkmeck
1983 CJ7 

If it looks like this......you have more than likely blown a head gasket.
1untitled.png

imagesca3gcmx0.jpg

BHawkmeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #4
hir3dkill3r
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The oil is only foamy by the oil cap where it's leaking out by, and the dipstick. I drained a little and it's fine but it's a week old. It's idling rough, and heating up but I notice the radiator heating up more than the motor. I had steam coming out of the exhaust, and from manifold
Unread Yesterday, 12:51 PM   #5
jeepguy85
Bringing down the BFH
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Steam out the tail pipe is not good. If you are concerned about a blown head gasket. Take it to a reputable shop and have them do a compression test. That should tell you for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneRZA View Post
Mean Max created Chuck Norris with some spare parts, two trac bars and some differential fluid.
jeepguy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 12:59 PM   #6
zeus87gn
Automotive Neurosurgeon

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hir3dkill3r View Post
The oil is only foamy by the oil cap where it's leaking out by, and the dipstick. I drained a little and it's fine but it's a week old. It's idling rough, and heating up but I notice the radiator heating up more than the motor. I had steam coming out of the exhaust, and from manifold
This right here tells you that its just condensation burning out
Give your Jeep some street time and it should run out

Do you have your CCV hooked up correctly?

"Man has not yet evolved an inch from the primordial slime that spawned him." Mark Blankfield, Jekyll & Hyde... Together again

Holley Carb thread
zeus87gn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #7
hir3dkill3r
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus87gn
This right here tells you that its just condensation burning out Give your Jeep some street time and it should run out Do you have your CCV hooked up correctly?
It's brand new. It was swapped when the valve cover came off. And before that as well when I swapped in the mc2150 carb. But it's had street time, and just gets worse by time

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.