fml....the bell housing is stuck - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > fml....the bell housing is stuck

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 11-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #16
boardmaker
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I had to rock the crank shaft back and forth a little. Also, make sure the trans is in neutral.

boardmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #17
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

ok...got it out, i pulled it out because there was a loud know comming from the center of the bellhousing, i thought there would be a backed out bolt....but it looks pristine....again..fml
should i just rebuild it?
riverhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Spin the throwout bearing by hand and see if it makes a noise something like you were hearing. Remember, it will be quieter spinning it by hand. Also remove the clutch disc and check it for broken or missing springs.
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #19
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I just ran across a thread of yours with video of a knock. If that is the reason for pulling the tranny, I am guessing you have an external slave cylinder for your clutch. If so you will see a shiny spot on the throwout bearing fork where it is contacting the pressure plate causing the noise. If I am right, replace the clutch disc (which will be totally worn out) and check the fork for a crack or a bend, replace the fork and your noise will be gone. (I hope I am right on this one)

Edit: If you have an internal slave please disregard this post!
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #20
riverhippy
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
I just ran across a thread of yours with video of a knock. If that is the reason for pulling the tranny, I am guessing you have an external slave cylinder for your clutch. If so you will see a shiny spot on the throwout bearing fork where it is contacting the pressure plate causing the noise. If I am right, replace the clutch disc (which will be totally worn out) and check the fork for a crack or a bend, replace the fork and your noise will be gone. (I hope I am right on this one)

Edit: If you have an internal slave please disregard this post!
its an internal slave cylinder, but thanks for your feedback
riverhippy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bell housing , girls , hot girl with tat , manual transmission

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.