Flywheel Compatability - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Flywheel Compatability

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 09-11-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
MiddleT
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Flywheel Compatability

Can anyone tell me if manual trans out of a '95 4.0 YJ will accept a '93 manual trans flywheel out of a 4.0 Cherokee? I haven't looked yet but was told it wouldn't. I was told the bolt patterns don't match up. Thanks.

MiddleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleT View Post
Can anyone tell me if manual trans out of a '95 4.0 YJ will accept a '93 manual trans flywheel out of a 4.0 Cherokee? I haven't looked yet but was told it wouldn't. I was told the bolt patterns don't match up. Thanks.
well that's interesting. I would have guessed the opposite.
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Noltz
YJ Wrangler 

I too have read the opposite... all 4.0 blocks are the same. But I'm confused by the question; If you're just changing the flywheel, why would your transmission bolt pattern change?
Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
moonshinefuel
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe its the pressure plate bolt pattern mounting holes that are slightly different on the face of the flywheel? Because there are two sets of bolt patterns on a flywheel. One for the crank shaft mounting, and one for the pressure plate mounting to the front face of the flywheel.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.