Flowmaster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Flowmaster

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAttention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 07-10-2004, 11:37 AM   #1
483Fitter
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Flowmaster

Its time to get a new muffler, to many rocks hit mine. I was thinking of putting on a flowmaster but wasnt sure how it would sound, anyone have any expierence with one on a jeep?

483Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
Silver yj

Depends on what motor you have but I installed a flow on a 4 cylinder with single in dual out and ran the tail pipes in fromt of the tires and it sounds better then most,deep idel and stays like that till around 3500 rpm's then starts to get a little loud.
Silver yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 06:45 PM   #3
Devious
Hobo

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver yj
Depends on what motor you have but I installed a flow on a 4 cylinder with single in dual out and ran the tail pipes in fromt of the tires and it sounds better then most,deep idel and stays like that till around 3500 rpm's then starts to get a little loud.

Don't forget about the cherry bomb convertor
Unread 07-10-2004, 08:13 PM   #4
Hokie_YJ
The RockFather

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver yj
how much did that setup cost ya. i'm kinda interested in doing something similar when the dolla bills ain't so tight. is there any noticable difference performance-wise, or just mainly in sound?

"Beat it like it owes you money"

Jeep Wrangler with some bolt-on "stuff"
Hokie_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2004, 08:20 PM   #5
Silver yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboom33
how much did that setup cost ya. i'm kinda interested in doing something similar when the dolla bills ain't so tight. is there any noticable difference performance-wise, or just mainly in sound?
You need a 3 inch body lift so you can run the tail over the frame and out in front of the wheels,price depends on what route you want to go,its hard to run the exhaust this way with the factory cat,you can get a high flow,cut it off,or have the factory moved closer to the engine for the room to run the pipes this way.A high flow cat is 89.95,flowmaster is 79.95 and the tail pipes will very with each shop sence it has to be cutome bent pipes.Had about 275.00 in the setup.Some HP gain but more noise then anything.
Silver yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #6
483Fitter
1993 YJ Wrangler 

im not looking to do anything trick, just cut out the stock one and put the flowmaster in its place, oh and its the 4.0 L engine
483Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #7
kcdee00
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome

I have a 40 series delta flowon my 4.0, and I think it sounds awesome...a lot of people ask me if I have a V8 under the hood!!! I dont have a catalytic converter, but I don't think that would change the sound.....I had a 50 series delta on my Rubicon, but I wanted something a little louder for this beast. It isn't tooo loud though, I think its just right....go for it
Unread 07-11-2004, 03:34 PM   #8
fl_frank

i put on a flowmaster super delta 50, and it's nice. not too loud (especially inside), and sounds decent outside (my wife thought i had a hole in my muffler, if that gives you any indication). don't think it's quite as loud as the regular delta 50, but with my soft top, it's just right. bought it off e-bay for about $70.
fl_frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2004, 03:46 PM   #9
PaxtonTransAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLFD2274
im not looking to do anything trick, just cut out the stock one and put the flowmaster in its place, oh and its the 4.0 L engine

It will sound great. I have the 2 chamber, not the 3 that they will tell you to get. V-Force is a good spin off though for even less money.
Unread 07-11-2004, 10:18 PM   #10
newbee

I always hear bout guys going with flow masters in my area (lots and LOTS of Z-71's) Some get new headers and stuff. If i wanted to run 40 series on my stock yj, would i need new headers? About how much do they cost also?

In Progress With
4" rubicon express lift
33x12.50
SYE
15x10" rims
newbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #11
yjnick

no you would not need new headers. I just got a 40 series on my 4banger and it sounds pretty good. I was going to put a new set of heads on ther ebut decided it would probably be a waist.
yjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 07:53 AM   #12
PaxtonTransAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yjnick
no you would not need new headers. I just got a 40 series on my 4banger and it sounds pretty good. I was going to put a new set of heads on ther ebut decided it would probably be a waist.

If he is in the exhaust changing mood he might as well before his stock manifold cracks like they all do around 60-70k miles (well most of them, all that Ive seen or heard of)

Did you do a v8 swap, im only asking because you dont have any info in your sig and you said "heads" leaving me to wonder where the other one would go?
Unread 07-12-2004, 08:50 AM   #13
JayJEEPguy
2004 WJ 

hhahaha whoops. wrong thread.
JayJEEPguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 11:04 AM   #14
yjnick

i wish i had a v8 I have a 2.5. I dont know how to put anythig in my sig. i looked last night for it but couldnt find out how to.
I have 108,000 on my rig and still stock header
yjnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2004, 11:28 AM   #15
yjnick

nm about the sig i just found it

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.