Floor pan replacement questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Floor pan replacement questions

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 08-20-2013, 12:14 AM   #1
runnerboy2010
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Floor pan replacement questions

Hey all, The past few days I have cut out basically the entire floor in order to replace it. I plan to start welding them in tomorrow but was looking for some recommendations. The two options I've been thinking of are welding all the seams all the way around, or just spot weld some short like 2" spots spread out and just use sealant or something to fill between those welds. If the second option is there a good sealant or filler that would be good for this? Any other ideas as to how to do it are also welcome. Here are a couple pics of the work so far. Thanks

image-3905895615.jpg

image-3705828842.jpg

image-2443374915.jpg

Unread 08-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
pasinbuy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Weld all the way around. Any other way is just being lazy.

The true lazy man will say.. Do it the right way the first time. So you do not have to do it again later.
pasinbuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
roadyrob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I agree with welding it completely, be sure to move around, only welding about 1/2" in one spot at a time to prevent warping.

those panels look really good, where did you get them?

the voices aren't real but they sure have good ideas.
roadyrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

/\ agree
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #5
runnerboy2010
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Alright ill go ahead and weld all the way around then. I got the pans from quadratec. They are made by key parts inc. and are awesome. It is four seperate panels but not bad at only $65 a piece. They are Extremely sturdy, have pre drilled holes which line up pretty well, and cover from the factory seam at the firewall all the way to the seam at the vertical portion right before the back seat. It was a real pain getting through all the factory sealant and spot welds front and back but I'm happy I did because they fit great.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.