flexing all day long! ( not suspension either) - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > flexing all day long! ( not suspension either)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #31
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Going back together tomorrow...hope this all was worth it, and I finally got this figured out

"If a trail breaks your jeep....this is a formal insult, grounds for retaliation from the jeep gods in the form of a motor swap, bigger lift kit, bigger tires, and a grudge run at it....break out your cameras boys...and, WATCH THIS!!!!" - last words before the demise of my favorite jeep!
stuckparatroope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #32
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

OK....so got it all back together, all new grade 8 hardware for tranny/motor, new(rebuilt) TC, new flex plate, new flex plate reinforcing ring, new flex plate bolts, torqued correctly and to the right specs, with loc tite, removed PO's trans drop kit, checked motor mounts today, one broken so I replaced both.....driven 75 miles so far and no major issues. flex plate has a slight wobble, appears to be a WARPED plate straight from the box!!! (auto zone) it seems to not be engaging every 3rd or 4th start, and has a bit of vibration during acceleration, but other than that, seems to be holding up. The Heep is running like an Ethiopian chasing a cheeseburger taped to a cheetah.... but I feel like it may be short lived, not sure how long this thing will last with a wobble. Anyone have any advice?
"If a trail breaks your jeep....this is a formal insult, grounds for retaliation from the jeep gods in the form of a motor swap, bigger lift kit, bigger tires, and a grudge run at it....break out your cameras boys...and, WATCH THIS!!!!" - last words before the demise of my favorite jeep!
stuckparatroope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #33
jr4x4
1996 ZJ 

hey bro did you ever find out the problem ? im going through the same thing on mt 5th flexplate and second torque converter. ist a rebuilt 4.2 and we just pulled it and are sending it to a machine shop to check for crank runout or anything in that matter. I can tell you your starter problem is from the warped flexplate. I to just had that problem. and most likely your new plate bent right away from what ever problem your going through.
jr4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.