flexing all day long! ( not suspension either) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > flexing all day long! ( not suspension either)

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 03-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #16
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Well....the plot thickens...the trans shop just called and said that it does not need a rebuild and that its in good shape! I'm at a total loss now...anyone know if that plate/ spacer could even cause this?

"If a trail breaks your jeep....this is a formal insult, grounds for retaliation from the jeep gods in the form of a motor swap, bigger lift kit, bigger tires, and a grudge run at it....break out your cameras boys...and, WATCH THIS!!!!" - last words before the demise of my favorite jeep!
stuckparatroope is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #17
OKwranglerYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm pretty sure they will because people swap 4.0 heads for fuel injection in the 4.2 and have to put the 4.0 flywheel on for the CPS.
OKwranglerYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #18
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone know if the 999 and 727 flex plates and torque converters are interchangeable... beginning to think I may have got the wrong torque converter...
"If a trail breaks your jeep....this is a formal insult, grounds for retaliation from the jeep gods in the form of a motor swap, bigger lift kit, bigger tires, and a grudge run at it....break out your cameras boys...and, WATCH THIS!!!!" - last words before the demise of my favorite jeep!
Unread 03-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #19
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #20
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

So...today I got my trans back from the shop...no issues there, but I get thinking... this jeep has what looks to be a worn out 2-2.5" lift, and the PO has done a 1-1.5" TC drop...any chance that the TC drop is putting too much strain on the transmission if the springs are worn out, and causing the rear of the trans to drop...putting pressure on the bottom of the torque converter/flex plate??? I know its a long shot, but I'm running out of ideas as to what the culprit is!!
Unread 03-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #21
OKwranglerYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Your reaching too far with that one.
Unread 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Crap. Really thought I was onto something there..
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Anything I may be missing before I put this thing back together? I can't think of anything that I haven't checked/ replaced.
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #24
OKwranglerYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Did you get the spacer ring?
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:27 PM   #25
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

No, never found out if I needed it or not, but I'm gonna put it back together without it unless I find out otherwise before tomorrow.
Unread 03-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #26
SeanB95YJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like the transmission shop you (almost) used was a decent one... they could've just gone ahead with the rebuild for the $$ but instead called and told you it didn't need it

I'd stop by your nearest Dunkin Donuts and pick up an assorted dozen, and a box-o-joe and stop by the tranny shop.. while you're dropping off your thank-you coffee break, see if you can pick their brains about the need (and location) of the spacer
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]Sean B. - Schenectady, NY - 95 YJ, 350/700r4/NP241, JB Shorty SYE, 8.8 rear, 2" BDS, 1" homebrew shackles, Daystar 1" BL, TJ flares, 35x12.50 General Grabber AT2 on 15x10 Bart D-Truckers, Polyshield polycarbonate windshield, HD over/under crossover steering
[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]swap/build thread: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/after-almost-4-years-finally-my-own-build-swap-thread-1542284/[/url][/COLOR][/FONT]
SeanB95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #27
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I'm definitely impressed, not too many honest shops out there anymore, Especially trans...they will get my business and recommendations from now on he's putting new bushings in since its apart, hour of labor and $30 parts, he said if I didn't want the bushings put in, $50 out the door for checking it out, and new filter, and vent relocation, $100 out the door with bushings! I talked to the stealership today and they said it shouldn't matter about the spacer, and talked to the lead mechanic for about 20 minutes, he's stumped too, said to just put it back together and if I needed any part numbers or torque specs to let him know....something strange going on in this town with all the help from people lol. That "spacer" is just designed to spread out the torque, correct? No other reasons for it?
Unread 03-16-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 03-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #29
OKwranglerYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Pm mean max he is the best in the business for transmission work.
Unread 03-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
stuckparatroope
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Good deal thanks!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.