Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Flat Leaf Springs

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  ziebartrob 
#1 · (Edited)
I am in the process of deciding what suspension lift to get and will most likely order something within the next few months(cost efficient and good - rec's appreciated)... in the meantime I noticed my leaf springs are damn near flat... can I do anything now to help that situation? Should I worry about it?

I placed a picture below and you can kind of see the springs. And I dont know if this is necessary info, but I have 33 x 12.5's and I do have a 3" PO installed BL (I will most likely get rid of this for a 1" when I get the lift).

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
if your going to lift it new springs will come unless your going SOA and using hte factory springs....

as for lift depends how high you want to go, I LOVE MY Old Man Emu springs, excellent smooth ride and off road they are awsome, flex like mad, but they are more $$, but worht every $$, lost of guys run different setups so Im sure someone will chime in here.

you could always rearch yours but they will sag again eventually.

#5 ·
if its been like that for a while I wouldnt worry about it. mine are almost inverted lol. i am also waiting to buy my lift. but i havnt had a problem with the ride. then again i dont do much off road except the occasional mud hole here and there.

#6 ·
Thanks guys... I have seen so many articles on flat springs... i was starting to think I had a problem... she rides rough but the springs are original and so are the shocks if I had to guess... I know the 3" BL doesnt help... Cant wait to get a nice susp. lift. (Hopefully I wont have to modify too much like the steering, drive shafts etc...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.