FLASHER - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > FLASHER

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Building a Bumper?

Unread 10-05-2001, 11:30 PM   #1
gatt

FLASHER

NEITHER ONE OF MY DIRECTIONAL SIGNALS BLINK. I THINK IT IS THE FLASHER LOCATED IN THE FUSEBOX. HOW THE HECK DO I GET IT OUT? I'VE PULLED IT, PUSHED IT, TURNED IT, AND I CAN'T GET IT OUT. ANY IDEAS?

gatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2001, 12:31 AM   #2
Nightclaw
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Did you push and turn at the same time? I've never replaced one in a Jeep, but some are "twist-lock" style.
4.0L / AX-15 / Stock NP231 / Stock D30 (open) / D60 (35-spline, Detroit locker, Moser axles) / rear disc brakes / 4.56 gears / Advanced Adapters SYE & CV Shaft / 33" BFG MT-KM's / Thorley Header / Magnaflow Muffler / BesTop Flares
Nightclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2001, 08:30 AM   #3
gatt

yes, i did push and turn but it still didn't release! thanks for the reply! anyone else have any ideas??
Unread 10-07-2001, 07:03 AM   #4
Jeep Chic

First, what year Jeep is it? I replaced my fuse for the blinkers with a bigger one. What I mean by bigger is, instead of a 20 I went with a 30, due to all the electrical I am running...winch..radio..CB and other stuff.
I also replaced the stock steering column to a tilt column. I had to use the old turn lever on the "new" column, and to get it out, you have to twist and pull. If you simply pull, you will break the lever.
Jeep Chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2001, 03:38 PM   #5
gatt

it is a 94 wrangler. its the flasher i want to replace, not the fuse. the flasher (well i think it is the flasher) that makes the directional signals blink is located at the top of the fuse box and is about an inch in diameter. just can't get the damn thing out!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.