Fixing the dash pad...questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fixing the dash pad...questions...

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
millerguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Fixing the dash pad...questions...

My dash pad is all cracked and beat up. Has anyone ever repaired this? I don't really want to buy one off of eBay, I thought about bending a piece of sheet metal to match the angle and just glue it on or something. It's only crappy in the middle, not the whole width ar onything. You guys have any suggestions?

I'm installing Monstaliner, new seats, ammo can console, the whole nine yards, and I just don't want the ugly dash to be the worst part. Figured I'd ask the collective wisdom their thoughts on the subject.

millerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

How about a cheap carpet dash cover for thirty bucks or so? Might look better than a piece of painted sheet metal.
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #3
millerguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The Jeep is military themed, O.D. Green. I do have a ton of O.D. canvas, I was entertaining the thought of just covering it in that. Just wondering if there were any better ideas.
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #4
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerguy View Post
The Jeep is military themed, O.D. Green. I do have a ton of O.D. canvas, I was entertaining the thought of just covering it in that. Just wondering if there were any better ideas.
Well fine!
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
millerguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hahahaha I didn't mean it like that, I literally just thought about it before I checked your post
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #6
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just me, but I would not put any piece of metal on the dash pad that might someday meet my face. I know past jeeps had no pad, but why put a blade in front of your face? What about bubble wrap? Then if you ever get bored in traffic you have something to keep you entertained!
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Outsydr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

millerguy I have mine torn apart atm and have no plans to reuse it so if you can deal with a gray dashpad in good shape you are welcome to it I am literally minutes away from you (warren, ohio)
Outsydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
millerguy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Warren Ohio!! I'm doing my work at tue Northeast Ohio Dukes shop, I may have to take you up on the offer! I wasn't going to do the whole thing with a plate, just about a one food section in the middle.

You guys rock! Outsyder I'll message you when I get home.
Unread 02-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #9
Outsydr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Happy to help, always nice to meet a fellow jeeper so close to home!
Outsydr is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.