Fixin' the bikini top (Bestop Strapless)...pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fixin' the bikini top (Bestop Strapless)...pics

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Fixin' the bikini top (Bestop Strapless)...pics

When we bought the Islander it came with a practically NEW soft top...the bikini top on the other hand straps that wear heavily work and weathered...they ripped off. Well that sucked! Anyhow...

So off to HB, some cheap grommets and some Velcro straps....about 40 minutes later and the wife and I were good to go....doesn't flap around nor hit me in the head...went up to 60mph no worries.

Rotted Straps...

Make some holes and put grommets on...

Put it on and tighten 'er up....

Done!

jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
jawasan
Sk8er4life

1989 YJ Wrangler 

...and of course since I had grommets and such out, the wife wanted me to take some material she had and make a key chain for her!
jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #3
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Great. I have some straps torn on mine too. And I already have some grommets stashed in the garage.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not a bad little fix.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.