Fix Your Saggy Springs: S10 Bastard Pack - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fix Your Saggy Springs: S10 Bastard Pack

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectThanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 10-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
MosesYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Fix Your Saggy Springs: S10 Bastard Pack

Well with the combination of 25 year old springs and 1.25" shackles topped off with an AMC 360 on top, my front springs had about had it, they were completely flat and pretty much reverse bowed. So being a cheap college kid I have been reading up on the chevy s10 bastard pack lift to help out my ailing front springs, my rear springs had already been bastard packed by the previous owner so the jeep was really sitting a** high. I mosied on over to the local junk yard and bought two s10 rear springs, they were 4 leaf packs

The SAG

The springs I picked up from the junk yard

Well I didnt take any pictures of the springs during breakdown and reconstruction but what I did was took the stock front yj springs removed the #2 factory yj leaf and in its place added in the main s10 leaf that had been cut to size and the #2 s10 leaf and the remaining yj leafs to end up with a 5 leaf pack, the breakdown is:

Yj main leaf
cut down s10 main leaf
#2 s10 leaf
yj #3 leaf
yj#4 leaf

A few pics I snapped during the process
Factory YJ springs

Height difference is much improved over stock, sorry for the bad pictures but I forgot to get a side shot

This combination netted me about 3" lift, I had 1.25" shackles sitting on factory springs and my fender was sitting at 32.5" after the bastard pack I put the factory shackles in and am now sitting at about 34.5" of height, such an improvement over the nose drag it had before, ride is much better as well, I would highly suggest this mod to anybody it was cheap and very easy to complete with a little common sense and determination

Before

After

Before

After

Unread 10-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Cabbage06
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'm in the process of doing the exact same thing. I had really old and worn out lift springs. Found some stock springs on CL and built new packs. Had to drill through and cut a couple. I second your recommendation on this. Cheap fix.
Cabbage06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bastard pack , cheap , chevy leaf springs , lift choices

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.