Fitting 35" with as little lift as possible? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fitting 35" with as little lift as possible?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 01-18-2012, 07:35 PM   #16
xtrmjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the pics. I can see now where I need to cut. On my way back for getting the tires I started thinking I was going to need new flares. Guess Ill run them till I get $ for wider flares. I just came from mass from picking up the wheels and tires too. Jeep looks killer by the way!

xtrmjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 05:57 PM   #17
xtrmjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I did a test fit on the front today at work. Looks like Ill be highlining the front. I was thinking of just raising up the rear flares once I go to TJ flares and just do a lot of cutting. But I still think I need more room. So Ill most likely get a 2.5" lift. Ive run back 2.5" RE springs and loved em so might go that route.
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmjeep View Post
Thanks for all the input! I am either going DIY highline or start saving for Metalcloak fenders front and just alot of cutting in the back. NHfireYJ are you on exploringNH? I think I've seen your user name before. At the moment I do not have a body lift but was thinking of maybe a 1".
Yes ENH.com, same user name...

Def get a 1" or 1.5" BL
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #19
xtrmjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet Im on there as well with the same name. Id rather not go with a body lift. But if I do i would only go with a 1". The other problem is the tires stick out about 5.5" from my stock flares. So Ill have to get extended flares or make my own.
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #20
NHfireYJ
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmjeep View Post
Sweet Im on there as well with the same name. Id rather not go with a body lift. But if I do i would only go with a 1". The other problem is the tires stick out about 5.5" from my stock flares. So Ill have to get extended flares or make my own.

I like the BL for the extra room, Makes working under and around the frame MUCH easier, and easier to get the mud and crap out too..

Def on the flares as the "Live free or die" State apparently means Live free or die as long as your tires don't extend more than 1/4 inch past your flares.... Brutal here on the seacoast...
BETTY...94 SE, Golen Stroker 4.6, RE 4" lift, 1" booms rear, 1/2" booms front, 1" BL, 35 12.5 15 GY MTR's Kevlar on 15 x 8, AA SYE w/ Woods shaft, D30 Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD, 4.10, Smittybilt front and rear bumpers, Wildbuilt rock sliders, Cutom tire carrier w/ Jerry can, Hi-Lift, Smitybilt 8000lb winch, Ammo can consol, VHF & CB radio, Herculined, Neoprene seat covers, Hard /soft/ bikini tops.

HUMMER INTAKE. Click here.. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...style-1257285/

FEBRUARY 2013 YJOTM
NHfireYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 06:57 PM   #21
xtrmjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe I will go with at least a 1" body lift. The previous owner put in a poly body mounts before I got the jeep so it should all come apart very easy. I used to drive around with no flares on one of my jeeps and I never got hassled but I just don't want to take the chance on getting a ticket.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.