First year for the 4.0 crank girdle? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > First year for the 4.0 crank girdle?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-15-2014, 05:22 AM   #1
absintheisfun

First year for the 4.0 crank girdle?

I have a 95, and just bought a reman 4.0 and it has no girdle or studs to allow the install of one. I've yet to tear down my old motor, but wanted to know before i do. I've tried searching all places, but there is a whole lot of conflicting info out there...

Does anyone know when they started using the girdle? Best I can tell they started when the TJ redesign came out, but there is plenty of wrong info and guesses out there. I just happened to find two sources that agreed on the TJ introduction.

Thanks

absintheisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
imstillatwork
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I bought a 4.0 marked as a 95, and it did not have it either.
imstillatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
Jeepsr4me

is this picture below what you referring to? my expertise is in 2.5s and just want to know.
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:11 AM   #4
Jeepsr4me

From '96, 4.0L engines used a main bearing girdle for more overall strength. This is something that can be added to any earlier 4.0L by replacing the main bearing cap bolts and getting the girdle...
http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/en...0l-inline-six/
Jeepsr4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2014, 05:00 AM   #5
absintheisfun

Thanks for your help. I didn't think they came on 95's, but wanted to be sure.

Wish me luck, I'm transferring all my accessories today and installing tomorrow!
absintheisfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.