First Vehicle Is a Jeep! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > First Vehicle Is a Jeep!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 05-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Razorback23
1995 YJ Wrangler 

First Vehicle Is a Jeep!

I'm 15 years old and my birthday is coming up in about a month. I have wanted a Jeep since my dad showed me a picture of a CJ-7 he had back before I was born. I began my journey looking for one about 3 years ago. Many hours on craigslist and looking through the classifieds in the local paper. It became more serious once I started getting closer to the 16. I found this one on craigslist about a month ago and bought it from a couple that lives about an hour away from where I live. It is a stock 1995 Wrangler SE that has never been up north so no salt exposure. The Jeep has a great story with it, it was bought new by an older couple in 1994. They pulled it behind an RV while they traveled, so it racked but it wasn't running so the motor doesn't act like it has 113k miles on it. Then it was later sold to a couple (The ones I bought it from) in 2008. They treated it like a new vehicle they gave it frequent oil changes, new tires, kept it in the garage, etc. Now I'm the new owner and plan to be for many years to come. It came with a white factory hard top, full steal doors, Bestop Instatrunk, and a Bestop Safari Top and the best part no rust or fading paint. I have big plans for her, but pretty low on funds as I'm in high school. Here are some pictures, please excuse the wires on the dash I'm running some wires for rear speakers!

Information below!

side.jpg
No doors or top, it's summer!
side-2.jpg

back.jpg

front.jpg

front-seats.jpg
Interior looks good
dash.jpg

back-seat.jpg

Information
Name: Dixie
Year: 1995
Model: Wrangler
Engine: 4.0L 6Cylinder
Transmission: Manual AX-15
Transfer Case: NP231
Front Axle: Dana 30
Rear Axle: Dana 35 C-clip
Gear Ratio: ?
Suspension: N/A
Tires: 31x10.50R15LT Kumho Road Venture AT
Wheels: Stock Jeep Alloy
Armor: N/A
Recovery Gear: N/A
Accessories: Sony Xplode Stereo

Razorback23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #2
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

LOL but connectors... man get some solder, some shrink wrap and do that proper before it shorts out....

outside of that nice clean jeep for sure

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #3
BGarth13
1992 YJ Wrangler 

That's a lot nicer than my first car! Nice purchase, and she looks very nice.
BGarth13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

what a beauty!!!! that color is so nice.

man, lucky guy, my first car was a 76 buick regal with a v6. then from that to a 79 honda accord with the cvcc engine (woohooo )
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
5.7YJ

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Congratulations, that is a nice looking Jeep.

My brake boster/master cylinder upgrade: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/9...grade-1287758/
5.7YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
wrangin_myNeck
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Very nice find. If your interested in knowing your gear ratio you can look for a little plate near the center of your axle and it should tell you. Knowing that will come in handy if you ever look to upgrade your axles, install a locker, go with bigger tires etc.
wrangin_myNeck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 05:58 PM   #7
brockj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggityjeeper View Post
LOL but connectors... man get some solder, some shrink wrap and do that proper before it shorts out....

outside of that nice clean jeep for sure
its BUTT connectors, if you're going to give a 16 year old kid a hard time about doing something himself you should be familiar with the term.
anyway nice jeep
brockj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockj View Post
its BUTT connectors, if you're going to give a 16 year old kid a hard time about doing something himself you should be familiar with the term.
anyway nice jeep
ohh sooooo sorry you dickness........

I was making a funny, but he should do it properly, those will short out or let go....

O..... I did say nice jeep BTW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #9
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ha ha ha, you guys are funny. sometimes the replies you guys have make me laugh out loud while i am reading
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
ldso
abidin'

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wish somebody would have sat me down and told me to get a Jeep when I was a teenager. There are a high percentage of females who think it's fun to ride in a Jeep.

Actually, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."
ldso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Tamatacan
2013 JK Wrangler 

That is a sweet ride. Enjoy the heck out of it.
Tamatacan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
Billy
Unlimited Ammo

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Nice rig. And a belated Welcome!

Twitter @dutchoven86
Billy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #13
Razorback23
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldso View Post
I wish somebody would have sat me down and told me to get a Jeep when I was a teenager. There are a high percentage of females who think it's fun to ride in a Jeep.
That's one of the reasons that I wanted one, just wish it had more seats so they all could ride at once!
Razorback23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #14
Jstout724
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I have to say man if nobody else does.... Its VERY RARE to find a YJ that looks like that, at least in the Pacific Northwest. Those seats are incredible. Take care of it, and you will have one of the nicer YJ's on the road. Nice jeep!
Jstout724 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2012, 10:10 PM   #15
YJ_Squared
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would do some unspeakable things to find a YJ in that kind of shape. Very lucky find my friend.

As far as the whole butt splice thing goes, I see no problem with them in that application. I have used butt splices in much more demanding applications (think magnet cables on overhead cranes) and have never had one come undone on me. I would however suggest to wrap them in electrical tape though.
YJ_Squared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1995 , blue , jeep , wrangler , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.