First Time Jeep and YJ owner Stupid Question of the day - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > First Time Jeep and YJ owner Stupid Question of the day

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-03-2010, 06:32 AM   #1
CreepO316
1990 YJ Wrangler 

First Time Jeep and YJ owner Stupid Question of the day

So here i am in Afghanistan after recently buying my first jeep, trying to get parts and get everything it good running order. Neighbors kid has been doing the parts running and install told my wife i need a oil pan, so here am i searching across 5 different websites from Summit to Autozone trying to find an oil pan for my 1990 2.5l 4 banger and having no luck. Autozone's vendor stop making them, that's the closest i got. So what am i missing, can the 91 2.5l oil pan fit or does the 6i oil pan sit the 4, anyone help would be greatly appreciated

CreepO316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
captnrich
1993 YJ Wrangler 

First, Assuming that you are in the milatary, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

Second, go to www.crownautomotive.net and click on dealer locator for the dealer near you (near home).
You can search for the pan on the site but they don't sell direct. Just find the local dealer and place the order.
Good Luck, Stay safe!
captnrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
JuniataCounty
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Let me know if you find one for a lot less than $170. Don't forget that you need a oil pan gasket to.
JuniataCounty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #4
RockWoRM
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I'm just wondering why it needs a new pan, and not just a new gasket? Rear main leaks are also common and get oil all over the pan. anywho, just my

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80 CHOPPER View Post
Knowledge is a tool, without knowledge, you are just a tool.
RockWoRM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #5
CreepO316
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniataCounty View Post
Let me know if you find one for a lot less than $170. Don't forget that you need a oil pan gasket to.
I called the local chrysler and jeep dealer in town and got quoted for 137 for an oil pan
CreepO316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Try craigslist and ebay. Also do a search on Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market .There is no way I would spend more than 60 or so dollars on an oil pan. Just curious on how an oil pan went bad. Even with a hole in it you can weld her up cheap and easy.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
Stryker777

1995 YJ Wrangler 

$114.99 at Quadratec
MOPAR 53020831 - Replacement Oil Pan for Jeep® 4,6,8 Cylinder Engines - Quadratec

Just make sure to get the right year.

In GOD we trust. It's a Jesus thing.
Stryker777 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.