A Firefighter's YJ Resto Thread - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > A Firefighter's YJ Resto Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #16
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

UPS tracking says the Crown extended brake lines should be here Wednesday. I also received a package from 4WD Hardware today I had forgotten about. Its a new front output yoke nut that was backordered. I'm anxious to get the hard fuel line spliced and get this tub back on so I can get to work on the 8.8 and make a traction bar. I also have some plans to replace that light bar I'm not crazy about. Projects to closely follow are some body armor, tube fenders, front/rear bumpers, and eventually a 4.88 regear with ARBs. Sure would be nice to be independently wealthy and not have to spend all my time working every day!

I've had some trouble finding what I need to splice this fuel line at the local parts stores. I don't want to use a compression fitting, but would rather double flare both ends and use a simple union joint. Anyone have any suggestions?

Unread 03-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
soonermatt
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
UPS tracking says the Crown extended brake lines should be here Wednesday. I also received a package from 4WD Hardware today I had forgotten about. Its a new front output yoke nut that was backordered. I'm anxious to get the hard fuel line spliced and get this tub back on so I can get to work on the 8.8 and make a traction bar. I also have some plans to replace that light bar I'm not crazy about. Projects to closely follow are some body armor, tube fenders, front/rear bumpers, and eventually a 4.88 regear with ARBs. Sure would be nice to be independently wealthy and not have to spend all my time working every day!

I've had some trouble finding what I need to splice this fuel line at the local parts stores. I don't want to use a compression fitting, but would rather double flare both ends and use a simple union joint. Anyone have any suggestions?
I'll be watching the 8.8 traction bar and re-gear closely. I plan on doing the same and you may affect my decision making. Man your frame looks good. I've already pulled and redone the gas tank skid, battery trays, etc but seeing yours makes me want to get back and do it all again. Looks good.
soonermatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermatt View Post
I'll be watching the 8.8 traction bar and re-gear closely. I plan on doing the same and you may affect my decision making. Man your frame looks good. I've already pulled and redone the gas tank skid, battery trays, etc but seeing yours makes me want to get back and do it all again. Looks good.
Thanks! I was glad to be able to go through it all and make sure it is now solid. The traction bar ideas I have are likely the same you have. I got most of them here. Probably going with the tractor link idea. We'll see when I get there I guess.
Unread 03-14-2011, 08:26 PM   #19
plumber1
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Hey are you a Licensed Plumber, you know use the right tool for every job

Quote:

Trust me you will LOVE the 4:88's I know for me WHAT a difference they made for my 4 cyl, and ARB's are great. Once done you are going to have a unstoppable YJ. Oh yea great job

White Jeep Club #224
plumber1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber1 View Post
Hey are you a Licensed Plumber, you know use the right tool for every job

Trust me you will LOVE the 4:88's I know for me WHAT a difference they made for my 4 cyl, and ARB's are great. Once done you are going to have a unstoppable YJ. Oh yea great job
Definitely not a tool limited to plumbing and pipe fitting, huh? I actually went and got that huge one just for this purpose. I'm sure it will come in handy over the next 50 years or so. I wear a lot of hats, but not plumbing because I suck at it. Thanks for the comments!
Unread 03-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Nice looking build going on there firefighter.
I'm loving the clean and meticulous way you're going about it. I think this jeep is gonna keep you smilin for a long time.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Vote here for the November Cherokee Of The Month!!!
The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #22
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
I'm loving the clean and meticulous way you're going about it. I think this jeep is gonna keep you smilin for a long time.
Thanks Chris! Preshadit. I hope I get it done the way I want it. Before this Jeep, I pretty much limited myself to oil changes and stereo installs. I'm just jumping in the deep end and tryin to swim like hell.
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #23
firefighterjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris87xj View Post
You have NO idea!! He's got the second worse case of OCD I know of! (Got another buddy who has him beat hands down.) It does pay off when it comes time to help him turn wrenches though...you always know where they are.

BTW, 'bout time you got this thread started, 315!
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:34 AM   #24
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterjeep View Post
You have NO idea!! He's got the second worse case of OCD I know of! (Got another buddy who has him beat hands down.) It does pay off when it comes time to help him turn wrenches though...you always know where they are.

BTW, 'bout time you got this thread started, 315!
Surely I'm only 5th or 6th on the list! As always, thanks for all the help! Still have a ton to go!
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:41 AM   #25
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bent a new brake line today to replace the one from the proportioning valve to the rear. Guess we'll see how it works. First time doing that. Hope to get it in tomorrow sometime. I'll try to get some pics and update before getting started on the body mounts, tub, and 8.8.
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:44 AM   #26
chris87xj

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterjeep View Post
You have NO idea!!...
Well I have to admit it caught my eye because I feel the OCD too...

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Vote here for the November Cherokee Of The Month!!!
The Thanksgiving JF Membership Giveaway is here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #27
firefighterjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Surely I'm only 5th or 6th on the list! As always, thanks for all the help! Still have a ton to go!
Nope, solid 2nd. Always glad to help. Yep, we got a ton to go.....we haven't even STARTED on mine yet!
Unread 03-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #28
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

See Chris, I knew there was something cool about ya! When we put FFJeep's lift on a year or so ago, I was having small seizures the whole time because there were about 5 different people working on it and I was the only one who consistently puts a tool back where I got it when I am done with it. You couldn't walk in his garage because of the piles of parts and tools EVERYWHERE!

FF, we'll get your's torn apart during the middle of the nice top down wheelin' weather!
Unread 03-18-2011, 01:09 AM   #29
firefighterjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Gotta admit, I was experiencing a bit of anxiety on that one as well.

As far as mine....NEGATIVE...we'll get yours squared away for top-down weather and dig into mine when the snow starts flying again.
Unread 03-18-2011, 01:57 PM   #30
Bigboyky
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks good Eric! Would really like for ya'll to join us for a ride soon!
1995 4.0l, 5spd., 4:88's, ARB's F/R, 4"RC lift, homebrew bumpers & tire carrier, homebrew gas tank skid, lined inside, Cobra cb, smitty winch, 130w & 55w Hella lights

Envy our past, Fear our future Go Cats!

Take a look at our club
www.torcoffroad.com & here on JF
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f163/brand-new-ky-offroad-club-678937/
Bigboyky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.