Finding Vibration Source - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Finding Vibration Source

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaholtby View Post
Well, your pinion angle is definitely too low. I would suggest installing shims that most kits come with and or the least favorite option.... a t-case lowering kit. The ideal option would be a SYE with a CV rear shaft, but with your size lift, this really should not be necessary. If you are thinking of going to a larger lift soon, then this would be the option to pursue. I'm thinking though that rear axle shims will get you what you need.
If you look at the picture you posted of your driveline it doesn't look right. Either the tail end of the TC has to come down or the rear end has to come up. Their angles must be complimentary.

http://jniolon.clubfte.com/driveline...nephasing.html

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #17
TA-YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I do realize that the pinion angle is a bit extreme. Im still wondering why it started making the vibes with 1" rubber mounts as opposed to the BD ones.
Other:LED Tails and Herculined
TA-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #18
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA-YJ View Post
I do realize that the pinion angle is a bit extreme. Im still wondering why it started making the vibes with 1" rubber mounts as opposed to the BD ones.
Find out by swapping in the BD mounts!

Getting older, I have developed some special skills. I have the ability to cough, sneeze, fart and pee at the same time.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
Unread 06-29-2013, 02:44 PM   #19
TA-YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

They were in with the new engine but the idle vibes were aggravating me so I swapped them for the lift plates. There wasn't anything close to the in gear vibes I'm getting now
Unread 06-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #20
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA-YJ View Post
They were in with the new engine but the idle vibes were aggravating me so I swapped them for the lift plates. There wasn't anything close to the in gear vibes I'm getting now
Did your driveshaft have any of those small counterweights on them that got knocked off. And if you removed the driveshaft and installed it in a different position that could be the problem.

Get this rig up on four jack stands and run it. See what you can see.

Unread 06-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #21
TA-YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

It does have a counter weight I believe, but I think its still on there. Ill check. I sprayed the Ujoints and the pinion on the axle so I knew both front and rear drive shafts went in with the same orientation. Im going to try the Tcase drop tomorrow to fix the drive line angle and see how that does.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.