few questions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > few questions...

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

Unread 08-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
csrcn2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

few questions...

89 yj 4.2 she was leaking oil out of the oil filler cap and base of the valve cover so I bought a new gasket and replaced the old one, cleaned up the valve cover and sealed her up nice. Even after this I still have leakage out of the new filler cap. Oil pressure. Runs up to 70 on the gauge at times. And ideas?

csrcn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
Mobile_Homie
Desert Rat

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Have you checked your pcv line to be sure it is clear?

Smoke em if you got em!

Click here
Mobile_Homie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
clarkjdg
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I had the same problem on the filler cap I just took a piece of thin paper gasket material cut it out to match the cap and it took care of mine, but I didn't get a new cap just did it to my old one.
(o) )-(o) )-*-) )
88 YJ, Smittybilt SRC Front, Side, and Rear Armor, Family Roll Bars, TJ Flares, and Half Doors
4"Leaf, 2"Body, and 1"Leaf Lift, 4.10 Geared Dana 30 Posi with Cable Engage, Ford 8.8 Posi, With 33s BFGs MT KM2
Everything "Black" Inner, Under, and outer "Black" on the Body is "Bed Linered" and I will be Thru the day that I Die!
clarkjdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
Quail
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You are probably getting oil blow-by, If you are running your stock carb and air filter you probably have it in your air cleaner as well,
Check your pcv valve, if it is good then there are some neat home made oil collector ideas around the web that will help you squeeze quite a few more miles out of your 258 before you have to rebuild.
Quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 10:23 PM   #5
csrcn2
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail
You are probably getting oil blow-by, If you are running your stock carb and air filter you probably have it in your air cleaner as well,
Check your pcv valve, if it is good then there are some neat home made oil collector ideas around the web that will help you squeeze quite a few more miles out of your 258 before you have to rebuild.
Well I'm running it nuttered and with a motorcraft 2150... would oil blow by cause any performance issues?
csrcn2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.