JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   few pics of cheveep aka the black hole (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/few-pics-cheveep-aka-black-hole-859259/)

speepdaedeesi 09-16-2009 07:15 PM

few pics of cheveep aka the black hole

few motor shots... the wiring is on the list to rerun some things and make it cleaner looking under the hood.. but luckily everything thats there has been labeled for the most part, and has waterproof connections. i hate autozone but its hard to not go there when they have an entire isle dedicated to this motor.
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1308.jpg
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1309.jpg
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1310.jpg

interior shot- notice the hombrew shifter boot i made with some old woodland camo water-proof material i had lying around. it doesnt look too bad and it keeps the hot air off my leg. i plan to make something better eventually. i have alot of extra space to cover as im not running a t-case shifter at the moment. i have one shifter to control both the t-case and trans. they sell it at autozone for around 70 bucks, find it on the performance isle. ..also notice the computer in place of the ashtray... i plan to make a waterproof padded enclosure for it eventually.. also i have done the car seat and air freshner mods.
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1311.jpg

another interior shot- i have the soundbar mounted in preperation for finding a crappy cd player on craigslist for 20 bucks. i found one for 30 the other day but it was too crappy to spend more than 20 on, and the owner disagreed, so i still have no cd player lol. cb radio is the walmart 29.99 cobra, mounted via black zipties, wiring ran down the roll bar padding. grounded to roll bar via self tapping screw, and the power wire goes straight to the battery.
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1316.jpg

shot of the fuel cell that replaced the back seat. gotta love the clearance in the rear. i have hopes of installing an air compressor and tank up where the stock fuel tank used to be. i know it isnt mounted properly, so save the safety speach. i drive 2 miles a day, under 30mph, and im not doing anything crazy in it yet. only wheeling ive done so far is flexing it out on a big rock. i am getting a new fuel cell next month that will replace this one. im getting one that will mount between the back seat and the tailgate, and it will be properly strapped. it sucks taking on and off the carseat all the time so i need a back seat, plus id like to take the wife and kid on topless (the jeep you pervs) drives now and then before it gets super cold.
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1317.jpg

just thought id throw up this pic... on first glance... it might be my jeep.... but no, its my f150 supercrew lol. 8.8 ftw. also, ziebart undercoating ftw.
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1321.jpg

moonshinefuel 09-16-2009 07:19 PM

Impressive! :thumbsup: How can you not like that, now you're playing with power. :D

1997_Sport 09-16-2009 07:43 PM

Looks good man. How long have you been at Form Drum? My cousin lived there for a few years, but they moved about 2 or 3 years ago.

Fhajad 09-16-2009 08:07 PM

Love the cheapo CB mount!

I guess you don't have to change channels or anything much, huh?

speepdaedeesi 09-16-2009 08:13 PM

lol i stay on ch19 usually... but i do adjust volume and squelch alot. its not as hard as it looks, after a few times you get used to it.

i actually leave it off most of the time, as my drive to work is only 7 mins, but if i see someone i know, or see a dumptruck or something, i can reach behind me and flip it on with no problems without looking .

but yeah, that mount cost me 0.00.... got the zip ties from a friend.

Oscar_P 09-16-2009 09:03 PM

Can we get a better shot of your shifter? Are you saying the shifter is designed to do both the t-case and trans at the same time, without switching linkages? I'm asking because I'm trying to setup twinstick, but haven't decided what I want to do about shifters yet.

Fhajad 09-16-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar_P (Post 7941901)
Can we get a better shot of your shifter? Are you saying the shifter is designed to do both the t-case and trans at the same time, without switching linkages? I'm asking because I'm trying to setup twinstick, but haven't decided what I want to do about shifters yet.

He says in there he got it at Autozone for $70 in the performance isle.

Oscar_P 09-17-2009 11:29 AM

Right, but knowing it came from the performance isle at Autozone for $70 doesn't tell me if it was designed to run two things at once or if he just has it setup that way for now. "i have alot of extra space to cover as im not running a t-case shifter at the moment." The "at the moment" leads me to believe that this is a temp solution and the shifter was not designed to work this way. Also, personally, I can't see the picture well enouth to know exactly what the shifter looks like. This makes it much more difficult to just go down to Autozone and look at the shifters and find one that matches, assuming my Autozone even carries the exact same inventory his does. This is why I asked for more details on the shifter itself and a closer picture.

speepdaedeesi 09-17-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar_P (Post 7945088)
Right, but knowing it came from the performance isle at Autozone for $70 doesn't tell me if it was designed to run two things at once or if he just has it setup that way for now. "i have alot of extra space to cover as im not running a t-case shifter at the moment." The "at the moment" leads me to believe that this is a temp solution and the shifter was not designed to work this way. Also, personally, I can't see the picture well enouth to know exactly what the shifter looks like. This makes it much more difficult to just go down to Autozone and look at the shifters and find one that matches, assuming my Autozone even carries the exact same inventory his does. This is why I asked for more details on the shifter itself and a closer picture.

1. the guy who put the motor and transmission in this jeep (i bought it from a good friend after he was about 85% done with the project) told me he made my shifter "custom", and i had never heard of a shifter that controlled the transmission and transfer case at the same time, so i didnt think twice about it. the other day i was shopping for a heater line connector that goes into the intake on my 350 (performance isle never lets me down, had one that deleted a long coolant pipe that was making it really hard to get my heater core hooked up), and a friend pointed to the bottom shelf, and said "hey thats your shifter." sure as ****, theres my shifter. only thing my buddy did was build a custom bracket for it. i took it out of the box and looked at it, and its the same. whats crazy is nowhere on the box does it say "shift the trans and t-case at the same time!", and its weird because if it did say that they would probably sell a ton more.

2. i wont be able to get you pics until either A) i go back to autozone, or B) this weekend i will be adjusting my shifter, so ill get pics then. reason why is because i dont want to mess with that custom shift boot i made. it keeps the air off my leg, and i dont have time to fool with it right now. not to worry, ill be at autozone for sure tomorrow night lol. ill get pics for ya.

3. heres how it works. picture a shifter rod. the rod has two tabs on it on the bottom. when in the normal position, the tab on the left fits into a slot on a bracket on the left side of the base plate, and moving the shifter will move a cable that will shift the transmission. push the shifter knob of the shifter to the left, and it will move the shifter rod over to the right, and the tab will slip into a slot on a bracket on the right side of the transmission, which when moved will shift a cable attached to the t-case. i know its weird and complicated, and even pics wont do it much justice until you see it and have it in your hands. i just cant say enough how suprised i was to see it sitting on the shelf at autozone, and that i had never seen it used before.

4. i say "at the moment" because im going to have to grind the nub on the t-case side down a little, because it wont fit in properly to shift the t-case as it sits now. im gonna mess with it, and i should get to work pretty easily, but if i cant for some reason, then im forced to go back to having two shifters. also this explains why i used the shifter boot setup that i did, because it might not be permanent.

hope that answers enough for now until i can find it online or get some pics.

Oscar_P 09-17-2009 03:45 PM

That was exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate you taking time to answer that for me. I hope I didn't sound like to much of an *** on my second post, and I'm sorry if I did. I think I can picture what you are saying. If you are going back to Autozone anyway, would you mind grabbing a part number or something I can use to look it up here. This sounds like a great way to rig up twin sticks with only one shifter.

5.7YJ 09-17-2009 03:58 PM

Looks great! If you don't want to make a cover for your computer, it will fit behind the glove box where the original one was, just have to modify the bracket a little. Keeps it out of the way and dry.

speepdaedeesi 09-17-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar_P (Post 7946567)
That was exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate you taking time to answer that for me. I hope I didn't sound like to much of an *** on my second post, and I'm sorry if I did. I think I can picture what you are saying. If you are going back to Autozone anyway, would you mind grabbing a part number or something I can use to look it up here. This sounds like a great way to rig up twin sticks with only one shifter.

no your good, i could just tell you wanted the info, and didnt get it lol. i know the feeling. ill definatly get the part number and snap a few pics. im gonna try to find it online for you as well. sorry i wont just go take pics of mine but that ghetto shift boot is gonna be a pain in the *** to get back on so i dont want to do it until im adjusting the shifter. ill take pics of what adjustments i made as well so you know what to expect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5.7YJ (Post 7946645)
Looks great! If you don't want to make a cover for your computer, it will fit behind the glove box where the original one was, just have to modify the bracket a little. Keeps it out of the way and dry.

i would have done that already but the way the wiring is ran that was my only option for now. im saving the wiring for last because its a daily driver and i need it to pick up my son while my wife is taking college classes... but around xmas ill have 2 weeks off and im gonna work on wiring in the garage for like a week straight. thats where i plan to put it, out of sight and out of the way

speepdaedeesi 09-17-2009 05:04 PM

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/IMG_1308.jpg
also notice the fender is junk. both fenders are like this. the fenders did not come on the jeep, they came afterwards lol. only on until i can get tube fenders... then the tj extended flares are going on my buddies cherokee.

cheveep in the finishing stages about 4 months ago
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/CIMG4898.jpg
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/v...s/CIMG4899.jpg

Oscar_P 09-17-2009 05:38 PM

If your boot doesn't work out for you for whatever reason, run down to the salvage yard and get one off a '94-'97 Dodge auto 4x4. It's the boot for the 4x shifter. They look really good in any interior, nice and big, can cover almost any kind of brackets, and thick, no heat get's through. I have one on my B&M shifter and one on my tranfer shifter. Even with the square shifter on the B&M, it looks good. I'm not sure if they were the exact same for all models, both of mine came from middle of the line package trucks... cloth seats, carpet, etc., but not power seats or leather or the like. I appreciate you going to the trouble of getting the info for me.

speepdaedeesi 09-17-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oscar_P (Post 7947150)
If your boot doesn't work out for you for whatever reason, run down to the salvage yard and get one off a '94-'97 Dodge auto 4x4. It's the boot for the 4x shifter. They look really good in any interior, nice and big, can cover almost any kind of brackets, and thick, no heat get's through. I have one on my B&M shifter and one on my tranfer shifter. Even with the square shifter on the B&M, it looks good. I'm not sure if they were the exact same for all models, both of mine came from middle of the line package trucks... cloth seats, carpet, etc., but not power seats or leather or the like. I appreciate you going to the trouble of getting the info for me.

pics?:wave:

The time now is 07:40 PM.