Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Fender Flares Picture Request

9K views 28 replies 21 participants last post by  Anticanman 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking to replace the factory flares with aftermarket ones and there is so much available. I am shopping for wheelsand tires as well so wanted to see what different setups are folks using out there. 95 YJ with a 3" body lift right now. Since it is a 4 banger I am thinking about sticking to 33s unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Pictures of ANY aftermarket fender flares you got would be helpful!

#3 ·
What wheels/tires are you running? Depending on the size, there are different recommendations that can be made. I had the same question a month ago and decided against the 7" rugged ridge flares. I have 33x12.50's and the 7" flare would have stuck out a bit too far leaving the flare vulnerable to trees and whatnot instead of the tire. I chose to go with 6" Xenon's instead. I saw a set on ebay yesterday at a really good price. Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Xeno...460982QQ_trksidZp3286Q2em7QQitemZ250868470928

#5 ·
#22 ·
Here's a pic of my old YJ it had the 7" rugged ridge flares, the tires are 33x12.50's on 15x10" wheels with 4" backspacing

I never had any problems of mine getting stuck on trees or rocks ,

Maybe you don't get close to the trees like my buddy's do

It's hard to see from this picture but the passenger side front fender is now missing somewhere along the Rubicon Trail. Well we did pick it up and take it along with us, we would never leave trash on a trail

#8 ·
Since it is a 4 banger I am thinking about sticking to 33s
unless someone can tell me otherwise.
Go For It. Re geared the little 2.5 does well. I'm running 35
BFG TA-KO's. With the 2.5L motor, every upgrade counts. It
runs great. Will it ever be a 4.0L Jeep, NO. But it runs very
well and does everything I want it to.

4.0L TB upgrade
Bored out intake to match
19lb injector upgrade
Super Coil and Live Wires
14" electric fan conversion
High flow muffler
Re gear to 4.88's front and back

92YJ / 2.5L / 5-Speed / D30-35 / 4.88's / AX5 / N231J
TeraFlex High Steer Kit / Solid Front Axle Conversion
Super Coil / Live wires / 14" E-Fan / 4L TB / 19lb Injectors
AA-SYE / CV Rear DS / 1" Lift S-Reversal Kit Up Front
1" lift Shackles Rear / 4" RC Lift SUA / 1" Daystar Body Lift
Hack and Cut Flatty Front Fenders / TJ Rear Fender Flairs
35x12.5x15 BFG TA KO's / 15x10 AR Outlaw 1 Wheels
High Lift Jack / D-Rings / 9000lb Winch / Tow Hooks

#9 ·
Go For It. Re geared the little 2.5 does well. With the 2.5L motor, every upgrade counts. It
runs great. Will it ever be a 4.0L Jeep, NO. But it runs very
well and does everything I want it to.

4.0L TB upgrade
Bored out intake to match
19lb injector upgrade
Super Coil and Live Wires
14" electric fan conversion
High flow muffler
Re gear to 4.88's front and back
X2 you hit the nail right on the head ! if you look at my sig both of my wranglers were 2.5L's.

I ran 33's on them both with 4.88's, The also were treated to a Header, catback exhaust, 4.0 Tb/Tb spacer, ported intake to match opening, 19# injectors, cai, Eletric Fan conversion they ran great on the hiway and offroad.

My TJ had to get a reman engine after it threw a rod so the replacement was Bored .040 , shaved the head, mopar purple cam, and yellow terra roller rockers. with the all the other performance parts it was a pretty peppy for a 4banger

#10 ·
Xenons, rear only.

#11 ·
ebays, TAG 6" flares. I'm happy with them. I personally don't like the look of the 7" because I like my tires to hang out a little.

33x1250x15s

#13 ·
OEM Rubicon flares on my YJ. 15x10 Wagon rims, 4" offset, 35x12.5 KM2's. They stick out about 2". I'll try for a straight on shot tomorrow (dark now).

Edit; Found older pic!

#23 ·
Have you thought about the tj flare mod? Some like it some don't. The front doesnt line up quite right and it takes a little trimming but its cheap. Sahara tj flares will be a bit over an inch wider than stock yj flares

#25 ·
My apologies to Noltz! My narcissistic tendencies kept me from seeing his post about the tj flares. Sorry for the redundancy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.