Fender Cutting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fender Cutting

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-10-2006, 08:29 PM   #1
CarsonKetrowYJ

Fender Cutting

Well I have already cut the front fender out of my 87 YJ but I was wondering, when I cut the rear fenders out, where should I re-route the gas cap? I figured I could fab-up some new tail lights, but I need a place to put the gas cap. Any ideas?

CarsonKetrowYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:37 PM   #2
Roach
1994 YJ Wrangler 

If you dont use the rear section, You should get a fuel cell
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2006, 08:45 PM   #3
CarsonKetrowYJ

and if I do use the rear section?
Unread 03-11-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
ncjeepinyj

Are you doing like a comp cut? If not you shouldnt have to move it.
Unread 03-11-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
biggreentj

i just put PSC comp corners on mine, and i moved the gas tank inside the jeep.
if u dont do comp cut you will be fine, or if u do model it after the BTF ones and it would prolly work. but if you do anything other than trimming the rear you will have to cut into the braces that hold the tailgate hinges and the rear roll cage, even though they wouldnt hold up in a roll, it will still take alot of strengh away from the rear panels and inner panels
Unread 03-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
CarsonKetrowYJ

What exactly is a comp cut out? and what kind of replacements for the tailgail are there, if I were to do a comp cut out?
Unread 03-12-2006, 09:07 PM   #7
biggreentj

this is comp cut, i used Poison Spider Customs, but some people just cut the back, which is what i did, but then added these pieces. the tailgate stays the same.

main reason for this is to extend wheel base, which i plan on doing next. but it also gives tons of clearance.
let me know if u have other questions
Unread 03-13-2006, 11:52 AM   #8
ghiradelli777
1992 YJ Wrangler 

PSC is the way to go!!!

i would give them a try if you are looking for a good corner setup....

if the jeep is not going to stay on the road, you could put the gas cap in side the truck of the back
Unread 03-13-2006, 04:52 PM   #9
MRVIC91YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

i can't recall where is seen a picture of a jeep with a comp cut very much the same as the red jeep in the pics above. the guy had kept the gas tank in stock location and the gas cap was right below the drivers round LED lights in the same location as the jeep above. it might have been in the new JP magazine and it was a white TJ i think
Unread 03-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #10
biggreentj

you can keep the jeep daily driver and move the tank inside the jeep, thats how mine is. also BTF makes some comp cuts that might have room to keep stock filling location, not sure, but these PSC ones are great, these are actually made for a tj, so if anyone gets some make sure u get yj ones( i got a great deal on these slightly used is why)

but i have seen people just cut the body for this look and "looks" just as good, wont be anywhere near as strong, but for looks and clearance it will work

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.