Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

February YJOTM - Vote Now!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

February YJOTM - Vote now!

2K views 32 replies 25 participants last post by  DirtKar 
#1 ·
Here's the February YJOTM contest gang!!!!

As always, here's a review of the contest voting rules.

To vote on the contest, the rules are as follows:
All nonsupporting members must post when you vote or it will not be counted. Paid members do not have to post when voting.

No soliciting votes from within JF or outside JF

No promotion within this thread will be permitted via more pictures or descriptions. We have PMs please use them

All voters will remain public as to promote self moderation

Self votes are not permitted, and will not be tolerated. Any entrants voting for their own rig will be immediately disqualified.

As always the winner will receive a 1 year paid member status here on Jeepforum as well as a substantial gift card from Metalcloak! Not to mention being in our YJ calendar!
At this time, the $200 additional prize from Quadratec is continuing on a month by month basis.

If there are any more questions feel free to post in this thread or PM me with any concerns or suggestions

Good luck to all!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Username: Kuntryboy816

Year: 1989

Specs: 6cyl 258, Nuttered, Team Rushed, vac and wiring thinned out, TF999 auto trans, SYE & CJ Tatton driveshaft, Posilok CAD mod, 3" lift, 33" MTZ P3s, Xenon flat flares, AtoZ Fab rocker guards, Cavalier seats w/ camo covers, custom painted dash w/ LED light conversion, DIY snow camo paint job, Monstalined tub, CJ tailgate conversion, Nissan Pathifinder tire carrier, Tuffy wheel well boxes & console, Bestop soft doors, .50 cal shift knob

Future mods: 8.8, 4:10 gears, lockers, SOA >:)

History: I bought this as my first Jeep about 6 years ago after a few months of searching. I had always wanted one since before I could drive. I found one in NJ, picked it up on a Saturday, drove it home and was thoroughly ecstatic! Took it to DMV on Monday, failed inspection and on the way home was in an accident with 2 other cars. I was almost certain they were going to total it and I was more than a little heartbroken. Luckily the damage was under book value so I got her back with a few upgrades. Over the years it's been fun and frustrating wrenching on her, learning the ins/outs of Wranglers and modding her to be uniquely my own. I love being a Jeep owner! I've met a lot of great people both here on JF and in my local Jeep Clubs (DE Jeep Assoc. and Southern DE Jeep Club). Getting involved has also led me into a few charities (namely Jeeps for Joy) and I love giving back to our community. I try not to beat on her too much since she's my daily driver but I love her when she's getting dirty! She's still not quite where I want to be but slowly and surely, she's almost there. The wife, my 2 boys and our dogs love riding in "Daddy's Big Jeep!" The intent is for the boys to inherit the Jeep when they're old enough. Well, enough rambling... on to the pics! :D

The day I rescued her from NJ!

Posing under the Blood Super Moon!

Plodding through the Pine Barrens!

Mall crawling at one of my fave places!
[/QUOTE]

#3 ·
owtcast

1995 Sahara 5/speed with every option available that year.

Specs & Mods:
Drivetrain
4.0 liter, completely stock with the exception of an aftermarket exhaust header.
High output alternator.
Advanced Adapters transmission bell housing.
Volkswagen pull type clutch slave cylinder.
New Venture NV4500 transmission.
Dana 300 w/twin sticks.
Double cardan drive shafts.
IH Scout Dana 44s front and rear.
5.38 gears.
Detroit Truetrac lockers front and rear.
Warn chromoly axle shafts and stub shafts.
Early model Chevrolet front spindles , knuckles and front brake calipers for the equal inner and outer bearing sizes and internal Warn locking hubs.

Brakes
Front, half ton Ford rotors for the 5 on 5.5" lug pattern and more stopping power.
Rear, Cadillac Eldorado brake calipers with the e-brakes. First gen Ford Bronco front rotors machined down to fit between the Cadillac rear caliper width.

Suspension
Custom spring over made from stock YJ springs and an extra main leaf added to each pack.
Shocks are stock JKU Rubicon items scavenged from my wife's new Jeep when I lifted it. lol :shhh:
Custom track bar and sway bar mounts. (yes, I still run with them on the highways)
Custom rear anti axle wrap bars.

Steering
Custom high steer setup using machined Chevrolet half ton knuckles to put links above the leaf packs, custom steering arms and solid steering links. It's all parallel with the stock Pitman arm and has zero slop or bump steer.

Wheels/tires
I've had several sets of wheels on it but currently have a custom set of 17x9 Soft 8s I welded AtoZFab beadlocks onto with 37"x12.50 R/17 KM2s mounted up.

Exterior
Milemarker 8000 winch.
GenRight rear crossmember.
Cheap ebay bumpers with the incorporated winch plate.
Cheap 6" HID offroad lights.
Headlights have Cyclops 4500 lumens LED bulbs in Hella H4 conversion housings.
It still has the original paint. I'm sort of a "patina" fan. If rust ever becomes an issue, I'll paint it then.

Interior
Front cage hoop tied into the stock roll bar.
Kenwood marine receiver powering two Pyle Marine 6x9s in some of those poly boxes behind the front seats, two Pyle Marine 4x6s in the dash and a Pyle Marine powered 10" sub under the driver's seat.
Other than that, the interior is all stock with the original seats, dash etc.

This Jeep was one of the last leaf sprung Jeeps with a six cylinder to roll off the assembly line. I bought it brand new in the fall of 1994 and almost immediately broke it and started modding it to eliminate weak parts. All mods were performed by myself, prior to internet and "kits". It replaced my 91 model YJ that met it's demise when a woman drove faster in the rain than her talent would allow. :thumbdown: I've had several Jeeps in my life because I'm just a "Jeep person" at heart. I like what they are capable of both stock and when correctly modified. Their versatility "suits" my lifestyle. This particular Jeep has been with me literally half my life and will most likely still be in my name when I pass on. With that said, it's still used daily for it's original intended function, meaning EVERYTHING. I admire the hardcoreness and trail capabilities of buggies and dedicated trail rigs but feel that they no longer fulfill the "do it all" purpose that Jeep original built into them. This Jeep is used to commute in as well as getting driven to the trailhead, wheeled and driven home. (most times lol) It's been driven coast to coast and wheeled all over the southwest... NM, UT, CO, OK, LA and TX. It's perfectly comfortable at speeds of 75+ mph. Everything works, even the air conditioning. :2thumbsup: It's the vehicle all three of my daughters have learned to drive in. It's truly "part of the family".

Maybe a month old. The start of the "break/upgrade" cycle. :laugh: Ripped the wheel off and broke the stub shaft, ujoint, axle shaft and ball joints on that log.

Somewhere near Poteau, OK in 96.

Heading out to Big Bend National Park for some solitude in the desert.

The two youngest (14&11) getting ready for a "beach run" for some driver training.

#4 ·
Slowlowford

Year: 1992

Engine: Inter-cooled 4BT with a 6BT turbo. The injection pump is turned up slightly and a modified 6BT exhaust manifold. The manifold is cut down to relocate the turbo. The exhaust is a 3" side pipe.

Drive train: 94 GM NV4500 with granny low. The t-case is a 78 Ford NP205 clocked and twin sticked. I am using a JB Fab cable shifter for the t-case.

Axles: HP 30 with Detroit Locker, 4.88 gears, and TJ axle shafts. The axle will have WJ brakes and cross over steering with 1 ton TRE's by the end of the month. I did not have time to complete in Jan, so hopefully I will get to it in Feb. The rear is a 8.8 with a Spartan lunchbox and of course 4.88's.

Frame/Body: The frame is a custom 2"x 4" 3/16 wall stretched 4". I designed the frame and frame jig using solid works. It was built it in my garage. The boat sides are made of 3/16" steel and tied into the body mounts and cage. The fenders are homemade arch style. They are made from 3/4" tubing with 3/32" plating. The corner armor is 3/16 with recessed led tail light and back up lights.
Interior: For the cage, I added onto the factory family style cage. I used 1.75 X .120 DOM and a modified harbor freight pipe bender. I rebuilt the floor supports using 1.50 X .120 square tubing. The cage and boat sides are all tied together with the sub-floor. I then installed a replacement floor to make it look stock. The floor is completely bed lined. I also, installed a TJ e-brake setup. I needed the clearance due to the a-pillars.

Suspension: SOA with custom leaf springs. The springs are the same length, but custom weight rating to handle the drive train. The shocks are Procomp.

Tires/Wheels: The wheels are cheap steel 15"x 10". the tires are 35" x 12.5" Cooper STT's.

History: I bought this jeep about 8 years ago as a typical PA rust bucket. I have slowly been building a budget rig. I have been trying to make is a off-road capable as possible and still be able to drive is safely down the road. My plans next are to build an HP D44 for the front. I am still decision mode on what I am going to do with the rear. The next suspension set up will depend on tire size. If I stay with 35's I will go coil over's so I can lower it a few inches. But, if I go 37's The suspension will stay as-is.

#5 ·
ThatGuyCollin

1994 Jeep Wrangler S
~Custom built 2.6l engine, was originally a 2.5
~4" lift on 33's
~4.88 gears
~Flowmaster exhaust with pacesetter header
~Corbeau Seats with harnesses
~bedlined inside
~Winch, Lights, rock sliders
~Frameless top
~Swingout tire carrier
~Train horn and pool cue shift knobs +30whp
~extra sweet stickers +50whp

I bought this as my first vehicle. I have had it for about a year and a half and it has been so much fun and so much headache. The most recent problem was a blown motor at 158k miles. I got a new block and did my own rebuild along with adding some performance goodies under the hood. No dyno numbers yet but I am curious as to what it makes since it is much quicker than the old setup by the seat of the pants. I don't get to take it offroad as much as I'd like since my wallet doesn't like broken parts or even the gas for that matter but it is all worth it in the end. After the contest I will post up a video edit from my last trip.

When I bought it:

#6 ·
mustanggarage

1990 base hardtop 4.2 with auto.

modifications
engine
4.0 head and HESCO MPFI conversion.
95 wrangler 20 gallon tank with in tank fuel pump conversion.
K&N FIPK

interior.
custom speedhut gauge conversion
tuffy center console, and lockable glove compartment.
heated seat conversion
Blazer blower motor upgrade
front roll cage extensions

exterior
bushwacker flares
Tomken rocker skids
quadratec winch and front winch bumper.
halogen head light conversion.

drivetrain
one piece front axle conversion
2.5 inch rubicon express lift
31 10.50 tires
95 wrangler power booster and master cylinder with black magic pads, rotors, calipers.

slip yoke eliminator with tom woods balanced drive shafts.

planned mods. I have a dana 44 rear axle with locker sitting in my garage I am currently working on the swap.

I have ARB dual air compressor and I am planning on doing ARB lockers eventually. I just need to decide on my final gearing choice.

-Brief history of your jeep and how it came to be.

I built a really nice 1967 mustang with my daughter. we started it when she was 11 and finished just in time for her to get her school permit when she turned 14. I had planned to build this car for her to drive to school, it turned out we did a bit too nice of a job and it became a show car more than a daily driver, we also moved to Iowa in the mean time and so I needed something that she could drive to work through an Iowa winter. I had a 95 wrangler when I lived in utah and loved it but had to sell it when we moved. so I was on ebay and found this jeep for sale in ohio, bought it and started working on it. later on, I found a TJ that I bought for something with cruise control and AC for her, and kept this one for myself (it was a bit more complicated than that, for more details read my build thread lol) anyway this is now my toy, and I am still having fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.