favorite soft top frame? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > favorite soft top frame?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 05-11-2002, 02:13 PM   #1
evilpsych

favorite soft top frame?

Was wondering what you guys liked for a soft top frame. The OEM factory one doesnt exactly lay down well with my tuffy boxes. I've seen a few topless YJ's running around with a squarish folded down soft top frame?

Anyway. just looking for opinions on your favorite soft top frame, My guess is most everyones gonna say bestop supertop

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2002, 03:47 PM   #2
Sublime

I just did a BestTop Supertop on today. 1st Jeep I've had and 1st time installing a soft top on this Jeep. (Always had a hard top for winter storage and a bikini. Yes it was a garage queen!)

The tape was a joke just a bunch of ads. The directions were pretty clear though. It took about 2 1/2 hours with the help of my girlfriend. I'm fairly mechanical but I'm an eye doctor for crying out loud, so wrenching is a fairly slow process.

Back to the question, my top lays flat against the tailgate (with the windows out) and I'm thinking about getting one of the boots for it.

I guess no real help but I like mine.

84 Grand National Stock ;-)!!
Sublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2002, 07:22 PM   #3
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

I like the look of my stock frame the best and it lays down pretty well, but i dunno about best top they're softtops are pretty easy to pick out and my friends tj one looks pretty goofy and almost pointed when you look at it from behind. Tho i havn't ever put one up/down so i don;t know which is faster easier, but you can use full steel doors with them and thats the only reason i'd ever buy one

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.