fan wiring question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > fan wiring question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
jodylikeamelody
1994 YJ Wrangler 

fan wiring question

I am installing an electric fan on my wife's 4.0 and I have a question. I have the summit universal fan wiring kit and i wanted to know where people plumbed the thermoswitch in at. It states in the direction to put in the head or intake wherever you application allows and I am not seeing any open stops to plumb the switch in. Anyone ran into this before?

jodylikeamelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #2
Djsthe1
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Most people push them through the radiator fins.
Djsthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

some of those had a port in the t-stat housing. You could also get a T and remove the temp sender for the light and install it there.

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
jodylikeamelody
1994 YJ Wrangler 

will you get a good reading if you T it off? I guessing it would be fine, anyone have any troubles with T-ing it there?
jodylikeamelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
K4KAS
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Ive never had a problem using T's i nthe past on other vehicles. Even if it did, you could just adjust the fan temp setting to compensate to make the fan kick on earlier or later.
K4KAS is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.