Family Style Roll Bar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Family Style Roll Bar

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-24-2009, 11:29 AM   #1
Cards89YJ
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Family Style Roll Bar

I have an 89 YJ Islander edition. It has the old CJ style roll bar that really doesn't cover the back seat very well. Where can I get a family stly roll bar that will bolt right in when I remove the old roll bar without having to make any mods?

Cards89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
beachedjeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I have heard that you can swap in one from a later model yj and it bolts up perfectly. But i have heard that some had to make minor modifications like elongating the holes to get the bolts to fit

edit: heres a thread that will answer most of your questions http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/y...r-swap-516740/

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/motorcraft-carb-swap-961766/[/url]
beachedjeepyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #3
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I would check on Craigs List for a family style cage. One from a '92-'95 should bolt right in. You may have to elongate a couple holes to get it to fit. I did this swap, it was a little more work than I though just because some of the bolts were tough to get out but I managed, a little heat from a torch would probably help a lot.
Unread 12-24-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
87TPIYJ
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i just did the swap, make sure you get the seat belt assymblies for the rear. the old ones will not work

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.