factory bike rack ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > factory bike rack ?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 09-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
roadgator
1994 YJ Wrangler 

factory bike rack ?

Does anyone know or have a factory yj bike rack? I have a over the spare strap down 3 bike rack. Last time I used it, I hit a bump and dumped the rack with bikes onto the highway. Luckily the rack took the abuse and the bikes came out pretty well.

I may have a chance to buy a factory 2 bike rack tomorrow. I can not find any info though that there is a factory bike rack.

roadgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Save your money and purchase a quality rack that mounts in your receiver hitch. You'll have frame support for the weight of the bikes instead of ripping your tailgate off the poor jeep.
Unread 09-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
roadgator
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good to know. I thought that a factory rack might have been better since they designed it. I will get a receiver mount. Anyone have any luck with a decent style?

I have seen some that the bikes are held at the bottom by the wheels with a stabilizer bar that grabs the seat post.
roadgator is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.