Fabtech leaf springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Fabtech leaf springs

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
DigitalPunk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Fabtech leaf springs

Has anyone used the fabtech 3.5" leaf sprigs?

They look pretty stout, have a military wrap and are a well known name, so I figured wth and bought some. Got them on sale from Amazon for $55 each! I currently have 6" springs and hate um, way to high of a lift.

Do the fabtech springs come with bushings? If not, anyone know if they use the standard stock size bushings?

DigitalPunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
jeepnbrett
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I've been running the fabtech springs for about 2 years. Very happy with them. They flex well and ride well with no sagging. As far as bushings go, they are a standard size poly bushing. Weather or not they come with bushings depends on who you are buying them from.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

4.0, AT, 3.5 Fabtech, 1" SRS, 1" BL, 35x13.50x15 Toyo MT's, HP30, TJ shafts, Lockrite, 8.8, Power Trax No Slip, 4.11's, Warn bumpers, W8274, SYE, and a bunch of other stuff....
jeepnbrett is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #3
DigitalPunk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnbrett View Post
I've been running the fabtech springs for about 2 years. Very happy with them. They flex well and ride well with no sagging. As far as bushings go, they are a standard size poly bushing. Weather or not they come with bushings depends on who you are buying them from.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Thanks brett, thats exactly the info I needed!
Unread 10-12-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am running those now and I can confirm you have to buy the bushings separate. So far I love my spring and the only issue is you need to run at least a 1/2 inch lift shackle in the rear to keep the spring from contacting the frame at every little bump or when flexed out! I runs 7/8 boom shackle with mine and could't be happier! Here is a pic of the flex I get with mine keep in mine I don't run track bars or sway bars on my yj! And here is a before and after pic of the rear springs with and without the lift shackles!

Sent from my iPhone because I can!
image-1102295301.jpg   image-753356953.jpg   image-4176829671.jpg  
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1272253/

94 jeep zj bb lift, 31-10.50-15 toyo at2s, magnaflow exhaust!
zte87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-12-2011, 02:42 AM   #5
DigitalPunk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zte87 View Post
I am running those now and I can confirm you have to buy the bushings separate. So far I love my spring and the only issue is you need to run at least a 1/2 inch lift shackle in the rear to keep the spring from contacting the frame at every little bump or when flexed out! I runs 7/8 boom shackle with mine and could't be happier! Here is a pic of the flex I get with mine keep in mine I don't run track bars or sway bars on my yj! And here is a before and after pic of the rear springs with and without the lift shackles!

Very nice! Your jeep looks sweet and flexes very nicely! I still can't believe the quality of spring you get for under $60! Thanks for the heads up on the shackles, luckily I think I have the same exact ones your running already.

So the bushings are the same size as OEM ones? Going to pick up a set of prothane leaf spring bushings for the stock springs and hope they fit.
Unread 10-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #6
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I am not sure on the bushings size I ordered my bushing kit from fabtech just to be on the safe side! Sent from my iPhone because I can!

Unread 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a set of those. Was getting ready to spend $175 on used rc's...didn't realize the fabtech sprigs were cheap and could be ordered outside of the kit.
Unread 10-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
DigitalPunk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

FYI. They don't come with bushings. I will report back about the OEM size bushings fitting or not.

These springs look top notch! Better then a lot of springs that cost a lot more. They come with 5 leafs, nylon sliders, military wrap, installed center pins and even installed deg shims on the rear springs.

I was able to get them next day aired for $3.99 using my Amazon prime member ship.

I will take some good pictures of the springs and post them on here. I think this is one heck of a find.
Unread 10-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #9
zte87
2.5 POWER!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here is one of my fabtech springs next to my old 4 inch rc spring!

image-960024287.jpg  

Unread 10-13-2011, 05:20 PM   #10
DigitalPunk
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Another FYI.

The stock jeep YJ bushings fit into the fabtech springs. I ordered the prothane urethane bushings kit and all fits well. You need two boxes of them however.
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #11
weerwolv
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hi all,

Those who run this spring how is the on road feel? Can you compare it to OEM or OME or BDS?

For the price through Amazon I'm about ready to drop the hammer and pick them up.
weerwolv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
Toine
1986 CJ7 

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what will be the actual height of this Springs after they ride in ?
Price for militairy wraps can't be beat I think, but how do they hold in front with V8 and heavy winchbumper/winch ?

Any response would be great ! Thanks
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
CRASHNDENT
1994 YJ Wrangler 

fabtech 4"

I've been running them for a few months now, wheeled on them twice. They flex real well and ride a hell of a lot better than my last lift. I ordered my bushings kit ($53 shipped) from WFO (thanks Supertrey for the links) because of this thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...stion-1402983/ .
By the way WFO ROCKS!!! The thread will answer a lot of your questions too. Also used the shocks info from the same thread (thanks Ashland82391)

Hope this helps
Don
Unread 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
CRASHNDENT
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toine View Post
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what will be the actual height of this Springs after they ride in ?
Price for militairy wraps can't be beat I think, but how do they hold in front with V8 and heavy winchbumper/winch ?

Any response would be great ! Thanks
The springs ended up giving me about 5 to 5.5 inch lift and i've got a honking big and heavy old 8274 warn winch up front.
Unread 11-26-2012, 03:36 AM   #15
Toine
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASHNDENT View Post
The springs ended up giving me about 5 to 5.5 inch lift and i've got a honking big and heavy old 8274 warn winch up front.
Thanks Crashndent ! ,

I'll give them a try instead of the expensive Rubicon Express ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.