JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   YJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/)
-   -   Fabtech leaf springs (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/fabtech-leaf-springs-1275897/)

DigitalPunk 10-11-2011 09:13 PM

Fabtech leaf springs

Has anyone used the fabtech 3.5" leaf sprigs?

They look pretty stout, have a military wrap and are a well known name, so I figured wth and bought some. Got them on sale from Amazon for $55 each! I currently have 6" springs and hate um, way to high of a lift.

Do the fabtech springs come with bushings? If not, anyone know if they use the standard stock size bushings?

jeepnbrett 10-11-2011 09:56 PM

I've been running the fabtech springs for about 2 years. Very happy with them. They flex well and ride well with no sagging. As far as bushings go, they are a standard size poly bushing. Weather or not they come with bushings depends on who you are buying them from.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

DigitalPunk 10-11-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepnbrett (Post 12308210)
I've been running the fabtech springs for about 2 years. Very happy with them. They flex well and ride well with no sagging. As far as bushings go, they are a standard size poly bushing. Weather or not they come with bushings depends on who you are buying them from.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Thanks brett, thats exactly the info I needed!

zte87 10-12-2011 12:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am running those now and I can confirm you have to buy the bushings separate. So far I love my spring and the only issue is you need to run at least a 1/2 inch lift shackle in the rear to keep the spring from contacting the frame at every little bump or when flexed out! I runs 7/8 boom shackle with mine and could't be happier! Here is a pic of the flex I get with mine keep in mine I don't run track bars or sway bars on my yj! And here is a before and after pic of the rear springs with and without the lift shackles!

Sent from my iPhone because I can!

DigitalPunk 10-12-2011 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zte87 (Post 12308698)
I am running those now and I can confirm you have to buy the bushings separate. So far I love my spring and the only issue is you need to run at least a 1/2 inch lift shackle in the rear to keep the spring from contacting the frame at every little bump or when flexed out! I runs 7/8 boom shackle with mine and could't be happier! Here is a pic of the flex I get with mine keep in mine I don't run track bars or sway bars on my yj! And here is a before and after pic of the rear springs with and without the lift shackles!

Very nice! Your jeep looks sweet and flexes very nicely! I still can't believe the quality of spring you get for under $60! Thanks for the heads up on the shackles, luckily I think I have the same exact ones your running already.

So the bushings are the same size as OEM ones? Going to pick up a set of prothane leaf spring bushings for the stock springs and hope they fit.

zte87 10-12-2011 08:02 AM

I am not sure on the bushings size I ordered my bushing kit from fabtech just to be on the safe side! Sent from my iPhone because I can!

Hghgrad 10-12-2011 10:51 AM

I just ordered a set of those. Was getting ready to spend $175 on used rc's...didn't realize the fabtech sprigs were cheap and could be ordered outside of the kit.

DigitalPunk 10-12-2011 03:08 PM

FYI. They don't come with bushings. I will report back about the OEM size bushings fitting or not.

These springs look top notch! Better then a lot of springs that cost a lot more. They come with 5 leafs, nylon sliders, military wrap, installed center pins and even installed deg shims on the rear springs.

I was able to get them next day aired for $3.99 using my Amazon prime member ship.

I will take some good pictures of the springs and post them on here. I think this is one heck of a find.

zte87 10-12-2011 07:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of my fabtech springs next to my old 4 inch rc spring!

DigitalPunk 10-13-2011 04:20 PM

Another FYI.

The stock jeep YJ bushings fit into the fabtech springs. I ordered the prothane urethane bushings kit and all fits well. You need two boxes of them however.

weerwolv 10-13-2011 09:05 PM

Hi all,

Those who run this spring how is the on road feel? Can you compare it to OEM or OME or BDS?

For the price through Amazon I'm about ready to drop the hammer and pick them up.

Toine 11-23-2012 08:40 AM

Hi,
Can anyone tell me what will be the actual height of this Springs after they ride in ?
Price for militairy wraps can't be beat I think, but how do they hold in front with V8 and heavy winchbumper/winch ?

Any response would be great ! Thanks

CRASHNDENT 11-23-2012 10:02 AM

fabtech 4"

I've been running them for a few months now, wheeled on them twice. They flex real well and ride a hell of a lot better than my last lift. I ordered my bushings kit ($53 shipped) from WFO (thanks Supertrey for the links) because of this thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...stion-1402983/ .
By the way WFO ROCKS!!! :2thumbsup: The thread will answer a lot of your questions too. Also used the shocks info from the same thread (thanks Ashland82391)

Hope this helps
Don

CRASHNDENT 11-23-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toine (Post 14496249)
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what will be the actual height of this Springs after they ride in ?
Price for militairy wraps can't be beat I think, but how do they hold in front with V8 and heavy winchbumper/winch ?

Any response would be great ! Thanks

The springs ended up giving me about 5 to 5.5 inch lift and i've got a honking big and heavy old 8274 warn winch up front.

Toine 11-26-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRASHNDENT (Post 14496522)
The springs ended up giving me about 5 to 5.5 inch lift and i've got a honking big and heavy old 8274 warn winch up front.

Thanks Crashndent ! ,

I'll give them a try instead of the expensive Rubicon Express ones.

The time now is 07:29 AM.