eye dropper to fill gas tank?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > eye dropper to fill gas tank??

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-01-2002, 11:31 AM   #1
jeepthang23

eye dropper to fill gas tank??

I recently installed a 1.5" body lift on my YJ and now I have to pump gas very slowly. Is there a cure for this?

Unread 08-01-2002, 12:30 PM   #2
Kev
Master of the Obvious

Did the fill hose get kinked or bent. Make sure that there aren't any sharp bends or something pinching the fill hose that goes into the tank. HTH

"We, too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." FDR

Blue Jeep Club Member #4
92 Canyon Blue Wrangler YJ 4.0L - with some fun goodies
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2002, 01:14 PM   #3
LoOpY

i bought mine with the lift on it, and never have taken a real good look back there. all i know is that to pump gas i gotta put the handle/spout thingy in upsidedown or sideways and jam it as far in as possible, or else ill have gas everywhere. also it wont click off in time, so i gotta stand there like a goon with my ear to the tank listenin for the gas to start comin up the hose.
LoOpY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2002, 01:39 PM   #4
battlestar

Where did you get a 1.5" inch body lift? All I've seen is 1",2", and 3" kits.
battlestar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2002, 11:19 PM   #5
Jeepfreak81
1994 YJ Wrangler 

i have to trickle mine in or it will overflow at a half tank, it never kicks off in time, no lift at all, i have a 20 gallon tank and usually can only get 15 in it unless i stand at the pump a half hour... only once did i get 19 in it
Full Page Club member #004
Green Jeep Club Member #005
Jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2002, 03:01 AM   #6
Quan

My jeep likes to literally spit the 'gun' thing out when its done getting fuel... soon as the gun stops pumping it shoots it onto the ground splashing the leftover gasoline into the air and somtimes into my back seat.

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2002, 07:55 AM   #7
crownlvr

Check your vent hoses

It almost sounds as if you may have one of the vent hoses kinked. I bought my YJ w/ a 3" body lift and it is a pain to get gas. The same thing happens...if I go too fast, it cuts off.

You may want to consider putting an extension on the fuel filler hose. I did this and it helped tremendously.

You will need to get under your Jeep, but I strongly encourage you to get underneath and check for kinked vent hoses, etc...

Good luck!
1989 258ci--100K miles on original Peugeot (maintained by daily prayers)--33" all-terrains w/ 3" body lift (hey...that's how I bought it)--next upgrade...suspension lift...NO CHROME ON THIS JEEP (that's for you Lance!)
crownlvr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2002, 08:45 AM   #8
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Some of the CJ-7's came with "fuel cell" type fill hoses .. they were 2 1/2" diameter hose which allowed the gas to flow way fast!

I changed my tank and hoses and such in my S-10 to the large 2 1/2" fill hole, and I have no slow-downs now. When I replace my tank in my Jeep, I will be doing the exact same thing (I need a larger tank .. the 350ci engine sucks gas like I do slurpees!)
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.