extra cable coming from positive battery wire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > extra cable coming from positive battery wire

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 08-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #1
cueball

extra cable coming from positive battery wire - need Pics ASAP!

i am wrapping up the re-install and only have a couple of things left.

one of them is an extra cable coming from the positive battery wire. the postive wire comes from the starter to the battery clamp. this other wire comes from the battery clame to an eyelet wire fitting (sorry not using proper terms).. i am not sure where it goes.. does it go to the firewall? or to the engine block?

edit:
i have come to find out that the wire goes to the starter relay that is on the firewall.. however, the fsm that i have for my old 87 has a different relay set up. the wire goes from the battery to one side of the relay and the out of the other side of the relay to the starter.

MY setup on my 88 (I6) goes from the battery directly to the starter. a second wire goes from the battery to the relay (i think) and then there is a green wire that plugs into the slot on the relay and hooks up to the starter.. i would like a picture to confirm.. the guy from the engine shop is coming by tomorrow to break in the motor so i need to know where it goes.

IF ANYONE HAS A PIC OF THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

thanks!

Hello to the New - 1999 TJ Sport 4.0L auto.. stock for now

Last edited by cueball; 08-28-2005 at 09:56 AM..
cueball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
saminwy

on my 95 it goes to a box of fuses and relays mounted right in front of the battery. if it comes off the positive cable, and you hook it to the firewall or the block, theres going to be lots of sparks.
saminwy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-27-2005, 01:59 PM   #3
cueball

Quote:
Originally Posted by saminwy
on my 95 it goes to a box of fuses and relays mounted right in front of the battery.
i am thinking it is for the starter solenoid.. there are like 4-5 green wires attached to a stud, and i think i put the wire there and tighten it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saminwy
if it comes off the positive cable, and you hook it to the firewall or the block, theres going to be lots of sparks.
LOL! yeah, i meant if it goes to something on the firewall or block.. not directly to them.. would be kinda funny to see - but not on my $2500 rebuilt engine.

Unread 08-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #4
cueball

bump... anyone have a pic?!

Unread 08-28-2005, 05:13 PM   #5
acicomp

It may be for the fog lights. Does it have an inline fuse?
acicomp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.