Exterior Door Handle keeper clips?????? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Exterior Door Handle keeper clips??????

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough**Flash Weekend Sale** Rockridge4wd.com Only!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 06-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #1
hakukamana
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Exterior Door Handle keeper clips??????

Does anyone have a source for the "keeper clips" for the paddle handles?I did a search and have found nothing other than the people who have done the same search have come up empty as well. I have the factory parts manual shows everything but those clips, and I don't know if they are part of the handle assembly. Anyone who has found these let me know. thanks

93 YJ 5.2L Magnum, Custom rear bumper & swing out tire carrier, Ford Explorer electric seats, Ford 8.8, TW DS, SYE, NV231D, Autometer gauges, Rhinolined interior,Bushwacker flares, LED Lighting all around, MT Classic II, BFG 32/11.50/15, Warrior Body Armour, ZJ PV, DD BB, 52mm TB, Ford 23# Injectors, HS 1.7 RR, KC lights, RE Xpress 4" lift
hakukamana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #2
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

you mean these?
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 09:23 PM   #3
hakukamana
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Those are the "keepers" I am looking for the retaining clips that slide onto the door handles. Then the "keepers" are driven downward and the clips grab the keepers and hold them inplace.
Unread 06-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #4
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakukamana View Post
Those are the "keepers" I am looking for the retaining clips that slide onto the door handles. Then the "keepers" are driven downward and the clips grab the keepers and hold them inplace.
oh, so you're looking for that bent bobby pin looking piece that keeps the "keeper" from backing out

the only place I've seen them is on replacement handles

you can just make it out in the pic from quadratec
Orange Jeep Club #88

˙ɹǝʌo ɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɹnoʎ dılɟ sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2015, 10:56 PM   #5
hakukamana
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yep thats the item its a spring clip that retains the keeper in place. Its good to know that the replacement handles come with the clip. The only problem is I've heard that the Omix & Crown handles are crappy, quality. The mopar handles are about $130.00 a piece. My handles are wore out but I have a media cabinet, I can clean them up and repaint. Just was hoping to find spring clips some where.
93 YJ 5.2L Magnum, Custom rear bumper & swing out tire carrier, Ford Explorer electric seats, Ford 8.8, TW DS, SYE, NV231D, Autometer gauges, Rhinolined interior,Bushwacker flares, LED Lighting all around, MT Classic II, BFG 32/11.50/15, Warrior Body Armour, ZJ PV, DD BB, 52mm TB, Ford 23# Injectors, HS 1.7 RR, KC lights, RE Xpress 4" lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.