exhaust manifold - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > exhaust manifold

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #16
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

My manifold on my 4.2 is cracked when I get around to it I'll install a Clifford performance header with a hiflow cat and catback. But before I do that I'll install a 2150 carb and team rush with msd 6al cdi and be gone with all oem computers

Unread 10-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck172 View Post
Did you buy gasket from the stealership or somewhere else?
yea got the gasket at the local dealer along with a m.l.s. head gasket. so I don't remember the price.
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:24 PM   #18
deathtrap
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93 View Post
No, don't paint it.

But...
You could polish it....

This is my Ebay special. Paid $125 for it, free shipping and a new gasket.

The same thing after a quick polish.

That looks sweet Do you have some cool metal buffing equipment, or did you polish it by hand?
deathtrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster93
No, don't paint it. But... You could polish it.... This is my Ebay special. Paid $125 for it, free shipping and a new gasket. The same thing after a quick polish.
Looks a lot like the APN header a bunch of us Xj guys run including myself. But I had mine ceramic coated.
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #20
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathtrap View Post
That looks sweet Do you have some cool metal buffing equipment, or did you polish it by hand?
By hand. An electric drill and a dremel and 45 minutes. it was actually easy and polished up quickly.

The polish only lasted about 2 weeks before it started discoloring from the heat.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 08:15 AM   #21
jeepster93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
Looks a lot like the APN header a bunch of us Xj guys run including myself. But I had mine ceramic coated.
When I bought mine, from ebay for the $125, the ebay add showed one of those container ship containers filled with headers. Hundreds of them. As I remember, it even came with a replacement warranty(yeah right).

There were basically 2 types of exhaust, one like I got here and one that looks like a Tj exhaust with that expansion joint in between cylinder 3 and 4. The one I got LOOKED better. Looked more...powerful. Looked like a header more than a standard exhaust. So, I got the header looking one. 3 years later and it has not cracked.
jeepster93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.