exhaust leak - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > exhaust leak

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
freeman2692

exhaust leak

hey, everyone
I think I have a small exhaust leak was wondering whats the best way to fix it and also does it have any major effect to having it other then the sound
Thanks for the help, Josh

freeman2692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #2
NonRubicon
1990 YJ Wrangler 

An exhaust leak that occurs upstream of an O2 sensor will produce a false O2 reading and mess with the fuel delivery. If carbureted and not using an O2 sensor then it won't have too much effect on fuel delivery, but maybe a little on backpressure and low end torque.

Cast iron exhaust manifolds are tricky to weld up properly and probably just easier to replace because cracks usually end up warping the manifold. Stainless steel can be welded if you know what you are doing.
NonRubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #3
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Fill in your profile. We don't know if your Jeep is a four banger or a six.

Six bangers have a defective exhaust manifold. Mine just cracked while at the dunes a few weeks ago. I could weld it but it would just crack somewhere else. They sell a replacement with expansion joints for around a hundred bucks or so.

If you have a four banger, I'm sure other people know about them.
Unread 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Flajeeper1
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Let's start with where the exhaust leak is. Exhaust manifold to engine, downpipe connection to the exhaust manifold?
Flajeeper1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.